Seekins PH2 Weight

WyoKimber

FNG
I'm looking at getting a Seekins PH2 in 7mm rem mag. Scoped with a bipod it looks to be around 9.7lbs. What weights are you guys seeing with other seekins ready to hunt, and is almost 10lbs too much?

Right now I'm looking at
-Razor LHT 3-15x42
-Atlas Bipod
-Not sure on rings

I ordered mine in 6.8 Western, same scope. Going with Seekins' rings. I am hoping the accuracy lives up to the reputation, even if it is a little heavier than the ideal.

OP
WyoKimber

WyoKimber

FNG
I ended up getting it and putting a trijicon credo scope on it after looking at the long range hunting drop test thread. Seekins rings and area 419 brake. It shoots great and the weight doesn't seem bad. Was able to get .7 MOA groups with walmart blue box federal ammo. With premium factory or handloads it should be a .5 moa or better gun.

Loebs

Lil-Rokslider
I can check weight when I get home in the morning. I have a PH2 in .308, no brake, VX-5 3-15x44 in Seekins rings, with a Harris bipod. I have weighed it in the past I just don't remember offhand what it was.

Loebs

Lil-Rokslider
Here are the weights for the above rifle.

Rifle and scope - 8lbs 7.5 oz
Rifle, scope and bipod - 9lbs 6 oz

Not what some would call a lightweight setup, however it carries, balances and shoots so nice. I have changed from carrying it with a sling to a gunbearer on my right side of my pack. I balance the weight with tripod and other items on the left side of my pack so I don't really notice the weight all that much.