Seekins Element 6.5 PRC or 7 PRC??

Nomosendero

Lil-Rokslider
It appears the Seekins is a great rifle. I would like to handle one, I am concerned about the palm swell.
I have medium size hands.

bmart2622

WKR
It appears the Seekins is a great rifle. I would like to handle one, I am concerned about the palm swell.
I have medium size hands.
I was also concerned about when I first held one in a store, Ive since bought a PH2 and can say that I quickly got used to it and now prefer it

Benjblt

WKR
FYI I bought 7 PRC PH2 and sent back to Seekins for a shorter barrel swap. Seekins has a VERY fast turn around time. This route is also a few hundred cheaper than an element.
The 21" smaller profile barrel right? They told me that was the only other option.

Sent from my SM-F711U using Tapatalk

DisplacedHusky

Lil-Rokslider
I haven’t shot a Seekins 7prc but I have shot a Havak 6.5 prc and a Christensen arms 7 prc, so not an apples to apples comparison but I didn’t find the 7 prc to be uncomfortable in the recoil department at all. Those elements are slick rifles, at some point I’ll end up with one. I think for me on Caliber choice it comes down to ammo availability. I haven’t seen much on the shelves for 7 but the 6.5 is at every shop I go to. I’m sure at some point it will be that way for the 7 too. I’m going to build a semi custom Tikka in 7 prc but I know it’ll be a while before I see ammo regularly.
Did you build your Tikka yet and if so, can you tell me a bit about it?