Seek Outside XXL Stainless Stove

Lil-Rokslider
Does anyone have any first hand experience with one of these stoves? I'm looking for a longer burn time stove and I know the wood makes a big difference in burn time. I want be backpacking this stove but I still want a collapsible stove that don't weight a ton. Thanks

Akicita

WKR
I have the SXL Stove I use with my Seek Outside Red Cliff. I absolutely love this stove and the simplicity of it. You can see the assembly and setup of it in the video below ( About the 10:00 minute mark). I have since added the "Ultra" Spark arrestor to it to make it easier to clear soot while still stoked. Burning Aspen above 8500 ft with the Ultra and good damper management I am keeping hot coals out to an 1 hour and 45 minutes with enough to get a full re-stoke at 1 hour and 50 minutes. I imaging with the XXL you could extend those times. I have used just about every tent wood stove known to man over the last 45 years and this is my "Go To" pack stove. The only other stove I like better is my Four Dog Titanium but it does not break down for back packing. I use it on Pack Horse trips from mid December on to Spring.

[video=youtube;wlMgmvBcOtc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wlMgmvBcOtc[/video]

OP

Lil-Rokslider
akicita,

Thanks for the info and the SXL was the stove I was looking at first. I have a Luna 6 tent and I know the XXL stove will probably be a lot more stove then I need but it does get cold here in Alaska. I do not ever see myself backpacking the stove so that is the reason l changed my mind to the XXL thinking I would/might get a longer burn time. I would like to stay with a box style for cooking but open to other brands if you have better suggestions. Thanks again

Akicita

WKR

If you're not going to pack it I highly recommend you look at the Four Dog Stoves. Don makes an excellent efficient stove that will last several life times. I have the Three Dog DX that I use in late winter base camps and it has always done me well. He makes a really nice titanium stove but you may have to sell a kidney to afford it.