Seek Outside vs Stone Glacier vs Kifaru

Rokwiia

WKR
Also what size has worked best for you on 7-14 day hunts.

Thanks for your help guys!

I can't speak about the other two companies but the weight difference between the Seek Outside Revolution Fortress 6,300 vs 4,800 is only 3oz and the 6,300 costs $40 more. I have the 6,300 and it rolls down into nothing.

I can't think of a reason not to select the larger pack when you get 1,500ci for $40 and only a 3oz penalty.

I have tried Exo, Stone Glacier and Kifaru. I have used SG with xcurve for the last 2 years and love that pack. I am a big fan of Kifaru and just ordered kifaru gnargali to give kifaru another try. One, the gnargali is mostly waterproof as it made with xpac. two, the kifaru is just built so much better. I did some howework and found that the materials between kifaru and stone glacier are not apples to apples. Kifuar uses a more durable xpac and cordura which is why the kifaru will always weight slightly more than its competitors.

Seek outside bags are all xpac and the packs weigh significantly less than kifaru. Its one of the main reasons i picked seek over kifaru when choosing between the 2, besides being able to adjust the frame height. Price is pretty similar and they're both awesome companies making their gear in America. If you live in Colorado id try to go visit both of them if possible and see for yourself which one is better for you

jd1006

WKR
I’m going to try a straight jacket from Kifaru with a Goshawk (bag only) as the Camp Bag. I really like the frame and versatility of the straight jacket, but wanted a larger camp bag with a vertical zipper. I also have a SG 5900 on an xcurve. Both frames I have fit great. I think you have to try them all to really understand what’s going to work for you. I may pick up a SO frame at some point. If I was only going to have one frame/pack, I think the SG 5900 is the way to go…I’m confident I could create a setup that works from daypack all the way to 10 days (if using the load shelf for a camp bag). If you want more than one pack, Kifaru would be the system to look at with all the options that come.

I’d suggest getting a frame from each of them, putting it under weight (25-80lbs) for various hikes and either reselling or sending back what doesn’t work. Although, I’ll warn you that I had the intention of sending back all and keeping one, and now I have both an SG and a Kifaru.

OP
A

ajonke

FNG
I have had a chance to try on all three. Honestly for me I was very impressed with the Seek Outside. My Stone Glacier has been great but totally the wrong size. I also want to send a shout out to Kifaru staff for trying to get me properly fit. They are great guys!

OP
A

ajonke

FNG
I have tried Exo, Stone Glacier and Kifaru. I have used SG with xcurve for the last 2 years and love that pack. I am a big fan of Kifaru and just ordered kifaru gnargali to give kifaru another try. One, the gnargali is mostly waterproof as it made with xpac. two, the kifaru is just built so much better. I did some howework and found that the materials between kifaru and stone glacier are not apples to apples. Kifuar uses a more durable xpac and cordura which is why the kifaru will always weight slightly more than its competitors.
I went down there but didn’t like the way the belt fit me. I will say a great pick and great staff who tried to help me out. Kudos to them.

cburgin72

Lil-Rokslider
I went down there but didn’t like the way the belt fit me. I will say a great pick and great staff who tried to help me out. Kudos to them.
Glad that you went down there. Now you wont have to wonder what it would be like to have one of their packs. Smart move.