Seek Outside Guardian floorless shelter review ***updated 1/22/23***

Fair point, but I do love the Cimarron. My criticisms in that review were small issues that surface when I am being ultra-critical. The is no perfect product and I need to find something to write about. 🤷‍♂️
:LOL: Glad to hear you like my Cimarron. Seriously since youve used the Cimarron and I havnt, I value your opinion. I think I'll keep my Cimarron and sometime down the road buy a Guardian.

dlafreni

FNG
I second what Josh has said, after several trips with mine and plenty of inclement weather, this thing has been awesome. Couldn't recommend it more. I've found that condensation has not been a problem. Only down side is it was snug with two people, gear, wood and stove. But that being said it was still totally doable.

@Josh Boyd I am on the fence between the guardian and Cinnabon. What I’m looking for would be a dual purpose shelter. Something me, my wife and the dog could utilize in the spring summer and into the fall for backpacking trips and I could use as a solo shelter with a stove for fall and winter hunts.

I am 5’11” my wife is 5’3” and we have a German Shepherd who hikes and camps with us. Guardian or Cimmaron. Weight is somewhat of an issue and I like to keep things life. On most backpacking trips we don’t carry tripods, rifles or any additional gear like I would on a hunt.

OP
Josh Boyd

Josh Boyd

Super Moderator
Staff member
@Josh Boyd I am on the fence between the guardian and Cinnabon. What I’m looking for would be a dual purpose shelter. Something me, my wife and the dog could utilize in the spring summer and into the fall for backpacking trips and I could use as a solo shelter with a stove for fall and winter hunts.

I am 5’11” my wife is 5’3” and we have a German Shepherd who hikes and camps with us. Guardian or Cimmaron. Weight is somewhat of an issue and I like to keep things life. On most backpacking trips we don’t carry tripods, rifles or any additional gear like I would on a hunt.

Cinnabons will make you chubby…. I don’t recommend them.

As for your question on shelters, I’d recommend a Cimarron considering the addition of a German Shepherd to the group. That would make it a tight fit. If weight is absolutely critical in your choice, look at the light weight version with the single door.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jbowlbs

FNG
I second what Josh has said, after several trips with mine and plenty of inclement weather, this thing has been awesome. Couldn't recommend it more. I've found that condensation has not been a problem. Only down side is it was snug with two people, gear, wood and stove. But that being said it was still totally doable.
I think I'm finally sold, Guardian is going to be on my purchase list this year.

Jon Boy

WKR
Anyone have a picture or video with 2 people, gear and stove set up? I cant seem to find any pictures of what that might look like

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

TBOArcher

FNG
This spring I was fortunate enough to have a Seek Outside Guardian sent my way for testing and a review. It arrived in time to use on a few spring bear hunts in what has been an above average wet spring. I own and heavily use a Cimarron and a Silex and am curious how the Guardian will fit into this lineup. So far I am impressed on the interior space as well as the guy-outs and ample stake points. I'll be using this throughout the summer season with a written review following the testing.

***Update*** Seek Outside Guardian Review

Here are a few photos of it pitched.

View attachment 419304
View attachment 419305
View attachment 419306
Thanks for the review.
This spring I was fortunate enough to have a Seek Outside Guardian sent my way for testing and a review. It arrived in time to use on a few spring bear hunts in what has been an above average wet spring. I own and heavily use a Cimarron and a Silex and am curious how the Guardian will fit into this lineup. So far I am impressed on the interior space as well as the guy-outs and ample stake points. I'll be using this throughout the summer season with a written review following the testing.

***Update*** Seek Outside Guardian Review

Here are a few photos of it pitched.

View attachment 419304
View attachment 419305
View attachment 419306Appreciate the review.

Anyone tried to find a half nest that will work inside the Guardian? I'd like to find a half nest or bivy setup that still allows for stove use.

TyBuck28

FNG
Anyone tried to find a half nest that will work inside the Guardian? I'd like to find a half nest or bivy setup that still allows for stove use.

I’ve wondered the same thing. I’m curious if the half nest for the silex could be set up in the guardian, they have a similar shape.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk