Seek Outside vs LiteOutdoors stoves

Old-Cat

Lil-Rokslider
I'm curious if anyone has run both. If so, what are your thoughts on the differences?

I've seen a few complaints about smoke w the LiteOutdoors stove but beyond that nada.

Thanks in advance.

svivian

WKR
I had the Lite outdoors for several seasons before switching. For the money it's a good stove. My biggest complaints are that it's a pain in the ass to assemble the stove body by yourself. Also, the body is made of the thin foil, so over time it gets dented and beat to hell.

The seek outside is very well built and much easier to assemble. I have the large box stove and it seems to be pretty airtight and I get longer burn times than I did with the Lite outdoors. I could however get bigger/longer pieces of wood into the lite outdoors compared to the Seek outside stove.

The biggest reason I went to the seek outside stove though was the flat top. It's so easy to cook on or boil water that I don't need to bring a backpacking stove to make my meals anymore.

OP
Old-Cat

Old-Cat

Lil-Rokslider
I had the Lite outdoors for several seasons before switching. For the money it's a good stove. My biggest complaints are that it's a pain in the ass to assemble the stove body by yourself. Also, the body is made of the thin foil, so over time it gets dented and beat to hell.

The seek outside is very well built and much easier to assemble. I have the large box stove and it seems to be pretty airtight and I get longer burn times than I did with the Lite outdoors. I could however get bigger/longer pieces of wood into the lite outdoors compared to the Seek outside stove.

The biggest reason I went to the seek outside stove though was the flat top. It's so easy to cook on or boil water that I don't need to bring a backpacking stove to make my meals anymore.
Ty sir. This is exactly what I was looking for.

I wondered about a round firebox’s durability; It seems as though I would have to be more fragile.

feanor

WKR
I agree with sivian- I got the outdoors lite for price reasons mainly. I like it, but it can be finicky and install is tricky. Cooking on it is tough. I’ll probably keep it for a while though.

Macro

Lil-Rokslider
5 lbs is heavy my large Seek stove is under 3 with the pipe and it’s not the lightest option out there by any means but it’s well made.

OP
Old-Cat

Old-Cat

Lil-Rokslider
5 lbs is heavy my large Seek stove is under 3 with the pipe and it’s not the lightest option out there by any means but it’s well made.
The 12” is 2.7 and is 18” is 2.8 lbs, so weights are comparable.

OP
Old-Cat

Old-Cat

Lil-Rokslider
I agree with sivian- I got the outdoors lite for price reasons mainly. I like it, but it can be finicky and install is tricky. Cooking on it is tough. I’ll probably keep it for a while though.
Price point and weight was why I was looking at it. Plus , it appears they have been made for years. It seems odd there is so little on the interwebs about them.

Dalen88

Lil-Rokslider
i own the lite outdoors, havent used a seek, the lite is decent, as stated its a bit of a pain to assemble but i havent ever had any smoke leaking out or anything, i bought it because of price and supporting a fellow canadian.

OP
Old-Cat

Old-Cat

Lil-Rokslider
Check out the winnerwell titanium stove much easier to assemble then anything else!

I have. I don’t think they quite pack small enough for my taste ( stove jack is attached), and the price point is a bit high.

sneaky

"DADDY"
I have. I don’t think they quite pack small enough for my taste ( stove jack is attached), and the price point is a bit high.
Maybe so, but all of these stoves are spendy once you add in the pipe cost. Nothing comes close to how fast you can assemble the Winnerwell. By the time you get the Seek or LO stove out of their bags the Winnerwell is assembled and you're rolling the pipe. Lot to be said about not having parts to lose or fiddle with with cold fingers.

sndmn11

WKR

The seek outside is very well built and much easier to assemble. I have the large box stove and it seems to be pretty airtight and I get longer burn times than I did with the Lite outdoors.

The biggest reason I went to the seek outside stove though was the flat top.

I had a lite outdoors for a summer, then quickly bailed and got a Seek sxl for all of the above reasons. We sometimes use it in our Courthouse.

Never used a Winnerwell.

OP
Old-Cat

Old-Cat

Lil-Rokslider
Maybe so, but all of these stoves are spendy once you add in the pipe cost. Nothing comes close to how fast you can assemble the Winnerwell. By the time you get the Seek or LO stove out of their bags the Winnerwell is assembled and you're rolling the pipe. Lot to be said about not having parts to lose or fiddle with with cold fingers.
I think if I went this route I would rather go w them https://www.thouswinds.com/collecti...quick-installation-and-disassembly-wood-stove

Their price point is much better for the same concept. I think they are a Korean company and Winnerwell is a Chinese one. Not that it really matters, I wouldn’t hold my breath when it comes to backend customer service w either one. It seems Thous Winds have a European following, given the videos I have been able to find, that’s an okay sign.

sneaky

"DADDY"
I think if I went this route I would rather go w them https://www.thouswinds.com/collecti...quick-installation-and-disassembly-wood-stove

Their price point is much better for the same concept. I think they are a Korean company and Winnerwell is a Chinese one. Not that it really matters, I wouldn’t hold my breath when it comes to backend customer service w either one. It seems Thous Winds have a European following, given the videos I have been able to find, that’s an okay sign.
Customer service for Winnerwell goes through Springbar, so I would put my money on them having a much better customer service portal than that thouswinds or whatever the hell that is.

sneaky

"DADDY"
That thouswinds is no different than a Pomoly stove, just rebadged, different vent cutouts on the door.

Lawnboi

WKR
I wouldn’t buy another lite outdoors.

Pros are it’s light and it’s got a decent sized fire box

Cons
-PITA to put together
-poor spark arrestor design means no cleaning while burning. Nearly unusable with a spark arrestor in it.
-thin body will wear out and you will have to buy another
-short legs means your smoking whatever vegetation you place it on

Personally if I’m carrying around, assembling and preparing wood for a stove it’s got to be worth it in terms of weather and it’s got to be a big bastard.

OP
Old-Cat

Old-Cat

Lil-Rokslider
That thouswinds is no different than a Pomoly stove, just rebadged, different vent cutouts on the door.

I don’t think so. If I had to guess their designs have been stolen, evidenced by their tent designsi
I wouldn’t buy another lite outdoors.

Pros are it’s light and it’s got a decent sized fire box

Cons
-PITA to put together
-poor spark arrestor design means no cleaning while burning. Nearly unusable with a spark arrestor in it.
-thin body will wear out and you will have to buy another
-short legs means your smoking whatever vegetation you place it on

Personally if I’m carrying around, assembling and preparing wood for a stove it’s got to be worth it in terms of weather and it’s got to be a big bastard.

Ty. Ty

I saw on their website that a person can purchase a new stove body for 40 bucks, that’s strong. It also may indicate they crap out and the owners are aware of it, haha

Last edited: