Season -2022

les welch

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hey y'all, I debated about doing this for 2022......as I get older it just seems harder and harder to keep up with social media and posting. I seem busier, have less time, and don't seem to do as much?!?!?!? In the end if one person gains something from it, great!! Please feel free to post away questions, comments, hunts, etc! Post up them photos, you name it. Thanks,

Cheers to 2022,

Les

OP
les welch

les welch

Super Moderator
Staff member
What are your turkey season prospects looking like?
For sure some in Wisconsin. That's probably it, 4-5 tags here. I'd much rather be shed hunting, and I have a few trips planned for that besides the miles here at home!

Sharpd53

FNG
Hey y'all, I debated about doing this for 2022......as I get older it just seems harder and harder to keep up with social media and posting. I seem busier, have less time, and don't seem to do as much?!?!?!? In the end if one person gains something from it, great!! Please feel free to post away questions, comments, hunts, etc! Post up them photos, you name it. Thanks,

Cheers to 2022,

Les
I’ve decided at 53, to make this my first year to go Elk hunting. Been putting it off for too long. Work, kids, and money for gear…finally said the hell with it and making it happen

Well, I'm more than likely going to have to move away from Wyoming this year for work :(

So my plan is to get up here as much as I can for Archery in September and maybe a week in later rifle season in October. I'm so bummed...I've been spoiled being able to walk outside and start hunting for the last few years. I shed some tears over this decision, and it's killing me...but it's what's best for my family right now.

Turkey hunt in about a month, and maybe a nice fishing trip to Cabo over summer

Elkhntr08

WKR
I’m 60 this year, nothing in Wyoming or Arizona. Missed Idaho. Had to apply for my unit in Colorado for the first time.
Need to sit down and rethink my whole Western elk strategy.

CBB

FNG
Just applied to MT, if drawn this will be my 2nd trip.

First trip was in 2017.
Saw some elk, somehow called a lone cow in and sent an arrow over her back. Misjudged the yardage in a hurry. I bugled and she came in out of nowhere. Was a win in my opinion. Saw some amazing country and called in an animal I had never hunted and got a shot off.

Plan to hunt the same areas if I'm lucky enough to draw.

First elk hunt at 46 last fall and was blessed to kill a monster on public in the Bob. Taking my 17 year old daughter on youth cow hunt in WY in October (assuming she draws). Hoping to pass on the addiction to my second born in the Big Horns.

lowpressure

Lil-Rokslider
Well im off 3 weeks in september, 2 in october and 3 in november.............. I missed in AZ, Low odds in NM, Buying another point in CO (already set up for a trespass self guided hunt second rifle), buying another point in MT and im in the Utah draw. Debating ID.

Just playing the short term/long term game.

Well im off 3 weeks in september, 2 in october and 3 in november.............. I missed in AZ, Low odds in NM, Buying another point in CO (already set up for a trespass self guided hunt second rifle), buying another point in MT and im in the Utah draw. Debating ID.

Just playing the short term/long term game.
I envy your vacation time and strategy. Well done!

Will83

FNG
I’m just curious, but are there any guided hunts that you can buy a tag for and go or is it all draw based tags in the western US? I apologize for what might be a stupid question, but all I have hunted for the past 30 or so years since I was young is whitetails in south Alabama. If it is tag based, what is the best state considering draw success, decent elk or muleys, and ease of building points as a non-state resident? Thank you for any assistance you may have.

Big D

FNG
53 ,. Been out elk hunt last 2 years with archery in MT. Got close both years, hope to try again this year.

Sent from my E7110 using Tapatalk