SE AK 2022

chizelhead

Lil-Rokslider
Great pics! Thanks for sharing. Way to get it done. It looks like you caught the nice weather window this past week.

Last edited:

slick

WKR
The alpine sure looks nice…

Edit to add: Congrats dude, always getting it done.

Last edited:

Nichols13

FNG

adamkolesar

Lil-Rokslider
Wow. Brings back memories of my 2019 trip to Misty Fjords. Congrats to you guys. The micro spike close up was particularly noted as I don't know how I would've managed the rain forest climb with pack without them!

Mtncowboy

Lil-Rokslider
That's awesome! Great pics, great adventure, thanks for sharing. Which microspikes/crampons did you use and did you like them?

OP
Bighorse

Bighorse

WKR
I like the Petzel Crab six point instep crampon. I'm particular about using the straps without the ratcheting mechanism. I find that I can maintain ankle mobility with the straps.

AKBC

Lil-Rokslider
I like the Petzel Crab six point instep crampon. I'm particular about using the straps without the ratcheting mechanism. I find that I can maintain ankle mobility with the straps.
How do the Petzel crampons compare to the Kahtoola micro-spikes and what are the tradeoffs?

Nice goat and beautiful pictures. I really need to work in an AK hunt into my life. Looks like an amazing trip. Congrats