Score this buck ?

OP
B

bushguy

FNG
thanks Myko.. how old would u say he is?

Attachments

• unnamed (1).png
    unnamed (1).png
    620.9 KB · Views: 175
OP
B

bushguy

FNG
ya,,,ive never even thrown a tape on a mulie,,,,
got the pic on an elk hunt,was gonna go back and try get him,
how much bigger would he get if he makes it to next year u figure?

huntnful

WKR
That buck is over 140" IMO. I have several 140's on the wall, and that ain't no 140" buck. There's only about 1 1/2" separation at his bases (even though he's in velvet). That's a heavy ass buck. That buck is 150" plus. Inside spread will hurt him a little. That extra 1" kicker will put him over 150" though :love:. Also, you can absolutely not tell the age of that buck based off those pictures or probably any pictures provided. Actually aging deer by sending their teeth in will prove that to you in a heartbeat. You can tell if a buck is mature, but you can't tell how old it is. That's a shooter buck all day.

Firestone

WKR
That buck is over 140" IMO. I have several 140's on the wall, and that ain't no 140" buck. There's only about 1 1/2" separation at his bases (even though he's in velvet). That's a heavy ass buck. That buck is 150" plus. Inside spread will hurt him a little. That extra 1" kicker will put him over 150" though :love:. Also, you can absolutely not tell the age of that buck based off those pictures or probably any pictures provided. Actually aging deer by sending their teeth in will prove that to you in a heartbeat. You can tell if a buck is mature, but you can't tell how old it is. That's a shooter buck all day.
Agreed

jayhawk

WKR
Use a hatchet and some bondo and he can be whatever you want him to be when you put him on the wall

how much bigger would he get if he makes it to next year u figure?

They add inches astronomically after 5 years.

It's not uncommon for a Rocky Mountain mule deer buck on good winter range, to put on 60 inches of antler between age 4 and age 7.

He'll burst quite a bit between age 3 and age 5, but the real surge comes between age 5 and age 7.

He could potentially jump 30 inches in one year after age 5.

I would shoot him. If he is a Wyoming buck let him go, I am coming out next year and will let you know the score. 😉

sndmn11

WKR

I was at 160" but didn't want to get pooed on.