Scope RIngs

I recently purchased a Vortex Viper HS 6-24x50 for my Tikka .243. Any suggestions on which rings I should use for the new scope. I've seen several heights and am looking for some insight on whether I'd be better off with Low, Medium, or High Rings. Any and all advice is appreciated!

TacT-MecH

FNG
Are you wanting to add a picatinny base? I personally add a quality Pic base (usually badger ordnance) to every rifle I own so if I want to swap optics. It helps quell my mind with the fact that I have a product with known specs and quality features that I know will be a standard across all my rifles.

TacT-MecH

FNG
Are you wanting to add a picatinny base? I personally add a quality Pic base (usually badger ordnance) to every rifle I own so if I want to swap optics. It helps quell my mind with the fact that I have a product with known specs and quality features that I know will be a standard across all my rifles.
I guess to answer your question, IF you're adding a pic base, low rings should give you plenty of clearance between the scope and barrel.
To add to my above post, I try to stay away from "direct mount" bases or 2-piece bases for the same reasons as stated above. But for hunting applications I understand wanting to simplify optic mounting systems, but I'm primarily a long range shooter so my mindset may be a bit different from other posters🤷🏻‍♂️.

I recently purchased a Vortex Viper HS 6-24x50 for my Tikka .243. Any suggestions on which rings I should use for the new scope. I've seen several heights and am looking for some insight on whether I'd be better off with Low, Medium, or High Rings. Any and all advice is appreciated!
If I remember correctly, I have Seekins medium rings on my Tikka T3X CTR. I've got a Burris XTR II 4-20x50mm with 34mm tube and those rings were enough for the objective to clear the barrel and have enough room for flip caps. I always had trouble determining what height to get, but now use the method where you stack nickels (or any coin) on the pic rail and put the scope on top of the nickels. Once the objective clears the barrel, you measure the stack of nickels and that gives you your ring height. Be sure to account for flip caps if you plan on using them.

If I remember correctly, I have Seekins medium rings on my Tikka T3X CTR. I've got a Burris XTR II 4-20x50mm with 34mm tube and those rings were enough for the objective to clear the barrel and have enough room for flip caps. I always had trouble determining what height to get, but now use the method where you stack nickels (or any coin) on the pic rail and put the scope on top of the nickels. Once the objective clears the barrel, you measure the stack of nickels and that gives you your ring height. Be sure to account for flip caps if you plan on using them.
I also have the same scope, mounted with medium Athlon rings on a Sako S20 in 6.5 CM. The medium rings give plenty of objective clearance, and no issues with proximity to bolt when cycling.