Scope mounting options for kid's 22

Hi folks,

My 8 y/o son has a Savage Crickett. It's a sweet little rifle and he enjoys shooting it. After a year of iron sights I mounted a cheap Tasco rimfire scope on it. I used an EGW picatinny rail and some rings, not sure what kind. Problem is the scope is so high his chin barely touches the stock. In all the research I've done I see plenty of folks selling bases that then rings mount to. Does anyone sell rings that mount direct to the action, and therefore can offer a set of pretty low rings? Thanks for the help folks.

Dos

IMG_E1604.JPG

I solved this problem for my kids (45#, 65#) by using layers of cardboard and duct tape to raise the comb up to an adequate height for a good sight picture. While I was at it I used the same materials to shorten the distance between the front of the grip and the trigger so they could have a good hold and trigger pull. Looks like crap - but it works and it's easy to undo/redo as they grow.

OP
Dos Perros
Appreciate the pic @huntsman22, but those still seem just as high as what we have now.

Anyone aware of a commercially available solution? Would rather swipe the Visa than spend time on it.

Appreciate the pic @huntsman22, but those still seem just as high as what we have now.

Anyone aware of a commercially available solution? Would rather swipe the Visa than spend time on it.
You can also search for a Kydex cheek riser that you can stick on. Looks a lot slicker than duct tape and cardboard.

sndmn11

WKR
I am teetering on the fence about doing this for our kid's 10/22 in the cheapest form, or getting @VernAK 's MRO.

What about a stock pack cheek riser thing?

https://victorcompanyusa.com/titan-universal-cheekrest

I am teetering on the fence about doing this for our kid's 10/22 in the cheapest form, or getting @VernAK 's MRO.

What about a stock pack cheek riser thing?

https://victorcompanyusa.com/titan-universal-cheekrest

Another option for something similar are these made by Tac Ops. You can even stack foam strips under it to get it higher and not see it.