Scope choices....

How is the LHT 3-15 in low light at low magnification in dark timber?

Thank You!
I don't have any first hand with dark timber persay, but I've been in alot of situations that where last few or first few mins of legal light and it gathers light really well. I'd have no problems taking a shot if need be. I had the 42mm so I'm sure the 50mm would be quite better.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Reactions: BCD
Thanks a bunch I appreciate it
It's been a while since I tried anything from Vortex, but based off my previous experiences and what I hear from guys who are running current models, stay away from anything Vortex that isn't built in Japan. Even the gen 1 Vortex 1" LH's had their share of issues, and they were Japan built.

Vortex: It's the best warranty you'll surely use, or so sayeth the bard.

A word on BDC: Do yourself a service and get an actual measuring reticle instead of one with arbitrary hashmarks that may or may not line up with your load and atmospheres. Even better, get it in an FFP with which you don't have the X cranked all the way to have the reticle measurements be usable. Makes life a lot easier. Too much X is a liability for shots at big game.

For a scope recommendation, in addition to the SWFA 3-9 and 6x, I would say give a look at the NF SHV and NXS 3-10 models. The SHV have been really rugged for me and I've dialed on them a lot. They are SFP, but at 10X it's plenty manageable.

So I’ve torn apart the internet looking for a good bullet proof lightweight scope. Seems like scopes either don’t track, don’t have good enough eye relief.... fill in the blank. I’m currently looking at the vortex viper hs 2.5-10x44 with the bdc. I can find much on the scope good or bad. Any ideas how they perform? I’m looking at all of the lighter scopes with a bdc type reticle. I want decent eye relief and most importantly reliability. Budget is under $1000. Looking for real world hunting reviews on scopes. Tia
What are you considering light? Is there an arbitrary weight you want to stay under?

The nightforce shv 3-10 looks like a very practical optic with the MOAR reticle