School Me: Spot and Stalk Fall Bear in the West (2021 was a fail)

I don’t have an answer for that, never really payed attention to that, I kind of avoid acorn eaters, tough to hunt… I’m curious now though
Add another couple of pesos…

I’d look but you still have to either see them munching on a food source or have fresh poop to look at. That and that alone is what to key on.

You can have the juiciest home made apple pies filling the woods with the amazing aroma and not draw a bear if that bear is craving something else at that one moment in time.

Not about what a person thinks a bear wants; it’s all about what the bear wants at that one moment.

Can be almost as tough to figure out than what a woman wants for dinner.

Add another couple of pesos…

I’d look but you still have to either see them munching on a food source or have fresh poop to look at. That and that alone is what to key on.

You can have the juiciest home made apple pies filling the woods with the amazing aroma and not draw a bear if that bear is craving something else at that one moment in time.

Not about what a person thinks a bear wants; it’s all about what the bear wants at that one moment.

Can be almost as tough to figure out than what a woman wants for dinner.
Good point, I agree

Them hitting acorns when they do could have more to do with other food sources drying up and the acorns are the best thing left… that’s what I always figured, they go to acorns after the berries dry up… and eat wasp nests in between