Schnees Timberline ?/Issue

jzelk

FNG
I am on my second pair of Schnees Timberlines. Loved the first pair and they held up really well and got a ton of miles out of them, threw them away because it hurt to hike more than 3 miles in them, think the footbed wore out. Anyway, I purchased a new pair at the end of 2023. Took them out of the box this spring for bear and turkey opener. Since then, I have hunted 10 days in them and put on ~50 miles in the mountains. The stitching on the outside of the boot is nearly gone and the leather is starting to separate, additionally, I have lost probably half of the lug height on the soles. This happened on my other pair of timberlines and my old beartooths, but not this quick.

I have done some sidehilling, but not nearly enough that I should be at the point that I am right now.

Has anyone else had this issue?

Thanks.

MT_Wyatt

WKR
I’d take photos and send them in - Schnee’s has been very good to deal with and they seem to take pride in their product. Hard to find that these days. Their build quality has been greater than most footwear I’ve used.

wowzers

Lil-Rokslider
I have a pair from the same time you bought yours and they have held up pretty good so far. I’m probably a 75-100 miles into them. First pair of Schnee’s I ever bought. Only thing I noticed was that under really heavy weight they didn’t support me quite the same as my Meindls.

Have not had that issue, my timberlines are going pretty strong after 3 years. I put 30ish miles on some new beartooths this spring. Confirmed there was a pretty bad pressure point issue with the front eyelets on both sides of both boots. Talked through it with Cody on the online chat and he sent me a shipping label, despite having field use. Should have a new pair sometime next week.

jonesn3

Lil-Rokslider
I’m interested to hear what Schnees has to say.

I picked up a pair of Timberlines during the sale last winter while my Beartooths were being repaired. They’re technically the same size as my Beartooths, but I’m having some fitment issues. All that to say, something seems strange with mine also but not necessarily the build/materials.

jonesn3

Lil-Rokslider
Not about this pair but have had the same issue on a different, but much more worn pair, no luck.
The stitching around the heal/ankle failed on my 2 year old Beartooth 0g boots. After a phone discussion with Cody at Schnees CS, and a couple emails, I sent them in around mid-January 2024 and received them back exactly 1 month later. They seem pretty well fixed up. I'd give them a call and see if they can help you out about the stitching and other issues.