Schnees Timberline alternative.

Going on two years with hundreds of miles on my Timberlines through plenty of snow and wet stuff in the PNW. I haven't had to re-treat or condition them and they're still waterproof. Would buy again no question.

Matt, what is the recommended product and timing for treating or conditioning?

Schnee's

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Going on two years with hundreds of miles on my Timberlines through plenty of snow and wet stuff in the PNW. I haven't had to re-treat or condition them and they're still waterproof. Would buy again no question.

Matt, what is the recommended product and timing for treating or conditioning?

Thats great to hear!

Nikwax waterproofing wax paste(on our website) is what I use and recommend. I typically put it on 2-3 times per year. after a few years, if the leather gets real dry, then I hit them with conditioner to re-hydrate the leather

OP
P

pyrotechnic

Lil-Rokslider
Another update. I sent Matt an email and he put me in touch with Cody their customer service lead and they are sending me a new pair of boots.

Again, I have had nothing but great customer service from schnees no matter what I've bought from them and I am hoping that my experience with the Timberline membranes has just been sheer bad luck.

@Schnee's Thanks for being active on here Matt.

Schnee's

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Another update. I sent Matt an email and he put me in touch with Cody their customer service lead and they are sending me a new pair of boots.

Again, I have had nothing but great customer service from schnees no matter what I've bought from them and I am hoping that my experience with the Timberline membranes has just been sheer bad luck.

@Schnee's Thanks for being active on here Matt.

Happy to help! When we say we stand behind our boots, we mean it!

Murse15

FNG
Thats great to hear!

Nikwax waterproofing wax paste(on our website) is what I use and recommend. I typically put it on 2-3 times per year. after a few years, if the leather gets real dry, then I hit them with conditioner to re-hydrate the leather
I just bought a pair of the Beartooth II 200G, and I bought the conditioner and Nikwax recommended. Do you treat them out of the box with the conditioner then Nikwax periodically, or just Nikwax from the get go?

Schnee's

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I just bought a pair of the Beartooth II 200G, and I bought the conditioner and Nikwax recommended. Do you treat them out of the box with the conditioner then Nikwax periodically, or just Nikwax from the get go?

I put it on right out of the box and reapply as needed throughout the year. Probably 2-4 times per year depending on use. - matt