schnees hunter pac boots

hunt_or_bust

Lil-Rokslider
Looking for a boot that I can pack in with for late season. A good walking boot but still still warm in Temps under 30 while sitting and glassing for 2 or 3 hours. Thinking the schnees hunter pac boots might be a good choice, but I have no experience with any schnees pac boots.

I've worn Schnee's quite a bit. They are heavy, and have good soles for traction in the snow. They should be plenty warm for what you are thinking, I've worn mine when riding horses in subzero weather.

They are well made and will last forever, Kennetrek also makes a nice pac boot, as does White. Get an extra set of liners for them. Then you can switch liners each day and have dry ones available.

PNWGATOR

WKR
I have used a pair of Schnees pac boots extensively and they're an outstanding boot. Mine fit perfectly and have held up very well. Highly recommended!

You might take a look at Hoffman boots,
I have used Schnees, L.L. Bean, for pac style boots and I believe the Hoffmans are the best of the bunch

Bob

MLN02

FNG
3rd for taking a look at Hoffman boots. A few weeks ago just got the outback boots. Very nice and high quality.

OP
H

hunt_or_bust

Lil-Rokslider
Which hoffmans would you guys recommend? I'd be using them for packing in where day time temps are in the 20s/30s and night time temps probably around 10 degrees. All glassing until something is spotted and a stalk presents itself. They work well with snowshoes?

norsepeak

Lil-Rokslider
another vote for Schnee's. Got my Schnee's pac boots last winter and loved them.