Scammers

Be carefull guys,please leave honest feedback here,that’s all we got.
Guy contacted me via text,with a fieldcraft 308 using the words and pictures from a older add on here.
I ask him how he knew i was looking and he said his buddy saw my wtb add.
I just didn’t feel good about it and started looking and found the org add here and confirmed with the org seller.
From now on the bigger purchases and maybe even the smaller are going to require me to talk to them and a photo of there license,not a name on a piece of paper that’s easily photoshopped.
I will give my license to anyone in that circumstance.If they wont they can **** off.
Im actually going to call idaho police tomarrow and give them the number,im sure nothing will get done.Then I’ll text him telling him that the police have been notified.If hes the little numb nuts like im picturing maybe he will sweat it alittle.
Be safe

Last edited:

CorbLand

WKR
Be carefull guys,please leave honest feedback here,that’s all we got.
Guy contacted me via text,with a fieldcraft 308 using the words and pictures from a older add on here.
I ask him how he knew i was looking and he said his buddy saw my wtb add.
I just didn’t feel good about it and started looking and found the org add here and confirmed with the org seller.
From now on the bigger purchases and maybe even the smaller are going to require me to talk to them and a photo of there license,not a name on a piece of paper that’s easily photoshopped.
I will give my license to anyone in that circumstance.If they wont they can **** off.
Im actually going to call idaho police tomarrow and give them the number,im sure nothing will get done.Then I’ll text him telling him that the police have been notified.If hes the little numb nuts like im picturing maybe he will sweat it alittle.
Be safe
It’s always a red flag when they want you to contact their friend or have their friend contact you.

License is not a go to. To many stolen ones floating around. That’s actually a common way for them to gain trust. There was one where a guy even sent him a picture of his police ID.

As much as I agree with your sentiments, there is no way I am sending a pic of my DL to a stranger.

When I sell an item, I am more that happy to exchange email address and phone number and have offered to do FaceTime calls with buyers of higher dollar items, but sending a pic of my DL is a bit too much to ask.

OP
C
As much as I agree with your sentiments, there is no way I am sending a pic of my DL to a stranger.

When I sell an item, I am more that happy to exchange email address and phone number and have offered to do FaceTime calls with buyers of higher dollar items, but sending a pic of my DL is a bit too much to ask.
Thats would work to.
Its not to much for me,it cracks me up when serial numbers are marked out,or car tags are covered up.Like I couldn’t go into pawn shop and memorize all the serial numbers,or drive up behind and get tag number.
If you have a few conversations,everyone is happy and things seem good to go,there is no reason not to show someone your license.Mark out the number.If im sending Joe E Scammer a payment i want to make sure it matches.
Most are going to craw dad as soon as you ask.
Anyway just wanted to try and inform you all to be extra cautious.

Thanks for the heads up. I buy most everything online and have since online became a thing. After decades of buying online it is easy to forget that it has its risks. Especially from unknown individuals.
I have yet to be scammed but I really only buy from known legit companies. Too much risk for me to buy from individuals. Everyone has their own threshold ok risk of which they are comfortable. I know a guy who would do without rather than buy online. He says he wants to hold what he is buying before he lays down the money. Personally I’m not willing to do that but a good balance of risk management sure doesnt hurt and neither does a friendly reminder from a forum member. Thanks