Scammer response to WTB threads

fwafwow

WKR
Classified Approved
I second this. I've posted WTB's on other forums and have had nothing but scammers.

I would refuse to buy anything from someone with less than 100 posts and has only been on here for a month.

I'm going to post my WTB once I've been on here for 7 days and try my luck.
Don’t be surprised if some members who are selling will hold you to a similar standard.

willd

FNG
Don’t be surprised if some members who are selling will hold you to a similar standard.

I wouldn't at all be! They're selling a sensitive item that requires a lot of responsibility to own - I would be just as cautious.

That's why I try to make as many posts on a forum as I can so people know I'm the real deal.

amassi

WKR
Google image search typically clears up the scammers and leads to the original post

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

willd

FNG
Google image search typically clears up the scammers and leads to the original post

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Yup! Done it both times. One guy even went as far as to tell me his camera was broken and that he had to find a picture of one similar...

fwafwow

WKR
Classified Approved
I wouldn't at all be! They're selling a sensitive item that requires a lot of responsibility to own - I would be just as cautious.

That's why I try to make as many posts on a forum as I can so people know I'm the real deal.
I’m not referring to important items to own - I mean that a seller can get eff’d too

Mojave

WKR
Even sellers can get scammed, so be careful.
You are correct!

There are several methods. The only known full-proof way to keep a buyer from scamming you is to have them meet you in person. But then it could be a shoot out at the OK corral.

I have one dude that is a Swarovski Dealer I buy from regularly. He owns a hardware store. And doesn't have a website or anything, just sells direct.

He and I have horse traded quite a bit.

CJohnson

WKR
I almost had one get me this week. I asked for the old picture/name/date and he sent me a picture of a drivers license that was almost perfect.

Looks like he’s already deleted his profile so I’ll post it.

It’s sad because he probably stole this poor guy’s identity.

Attachments

• 5A3B7504-37AB-4512-B60F-C964EC93BDF4.jpeg
    5A3B7504-37AB-4512-B60F-C964EC93BDF4.jpeg
    74.9 KB · Views: 32

carter33

WKR
Posted a WTB for a kifaru field quiver yesterday, today had someone with 11 posts message me an email address saying the person is interested in selling one. Most likely a scam, asked if the email is from someone on the forum and he hasn't replied. Expect I will get a few similar scams before someone actually has one to sell.

CorbLand

WKR
Posted a WTB for a kifaru field quiver yesterday, today had someone with 11 posts message me an email address saying the person is interested in selling one. Most likely a scam, asked if the email is from someone on the forum and he hasn't replied. Expect I will get a few similar scams before someone actually has one to sell.
Its a scam. Make sure that you report the member so the mods can ban them. You are not the only one they are trying to get.