Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I got scammed today by

Rokslide username: Sabertine79
Name on paypal: Mercy Kemboi
Paypal account: [email protected]

Here's the post

Just a heads up

He got me for 85 dollars, I tried to buy a gun bearer and knife from him then he tried to tell me shipping was 50 dollars from michigan (when i checked priority mail it was only $22 roughly), but he wouldn't tell me where in Michigan besides upper michigan, then he said I needed to help pay for shipping and for gas for him to drive to post office and I thought that was odd for multiple reasons. Finally we talked on the phone. He had a very thick African accent and he dicked me around. I tried to get him to send my money back but I don't think that's happening. It was weird, he said he canceled shipping but I still needed to help pay for shipping???? I don't want anyone else to get burned.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Cam107

Lil-Rokslider
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Hope paypal steps in and they ban him from here, sorry to hear that... thanks for the heads up

Plowboy85

Lil-Rokslider
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Well shit, why are people so sorry. I like to give everyone the benefit of the doubt until proven but a quick look at his posting history and looks like all he does is sell.

Cam107

Lil-Rokslider
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Gotcha, I would think that if people wants a refund and gets the run around usually it's a red flag... think we all have been scammed once and it's not fun...

CorbLand

WKR
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
Wonder if the account got hacked by a scammer. Dude had 4 years and 500 posts.

File a claim with PayPal if you didn’t use F&F. Venmo also has the ability to file a claim.

Maverick1

WKR
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Wonder if the account got hacked by a scammer. Dude had 4 years and 500 posts.

File a claim with PayPal if you didn’t use F&F. Venmo also has the ability to file a claim.
I was just looking at that, too. Over 500 posts. And most of them appear to be WTS ads. Would have thought other deals would have fallen through at some point over the last 4 years…..?……

OP
G

gphil

Lil-Rokslider
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I also found it weird that he has so many posts and that he has previously sold items to people before

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
I am confused that the post is from 2020. How did the transaction go down? Did you contact him, or did he contact you?

Ridge86

WKR
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
I know Sabertine79 personally good friend and his account was hacked. This mercy kemboi is not his real name.

OP
G

gphil

Lil-Rokslider
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Interesting, I contacted him, I was looking for a gun bearer

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
This story is getting ******* old. It's really simple to change your PW or, better yet, use 2-step verification. If your account gets hacked, it's ON YOU! It's on the bottom of my to-do list to let you back on.

Sabertine79s email and PWs were breached several times. We all have these breaches. CHANGE your PW often and use different ones for each place you need one, use a service like 1 password, or use two-step verification.

Breaches you were pwned in​

A "breach" is an incident where data has been unintentionally exposed to the public. Using the 1Password password manager helps you ensure all your passwords are strong and unique such that a breach of one service doesn't put your other services at risk.

Collection #1 (unverified): In January 2019, a large collection of credential stuffing lists (combinations of email addresses and passwords used to hijack accounts on other services) was discovered being distributed on a popular hacking forum. The data contained almost 2.7 billion records including 773 million unique email addresses alongside passwords those addresses had used on other breached services. Full details on the incident and how to search the breached passwords are provided in the blog post The 773 Million Record "Collection #1" Data Breach.
Compromised data: Email addresses, Passwords

Exploit.In (unverified): In late 2016, a huge list of email address and password pairs appeared in a "combo list" referred to as "Exploit.In". The list contained 593 million unique email addresses, many with multiple different passwords hacked from various online systems. The list was broadly circulated and used for "credential stuffing", that is attackers employ it in an attempt to identify other online systems where the account owner had reused their password. For detailed background on this incident, read Password reuse, credential stuffing and another billion records in Have I Been Pwned.
Compromised data: Email addresses, Passwords
MyFitnessPal logo

MyFitnessPal: In February 2018, the diet and exercise service MyFitnessPal suffered a data breach. The incident exposed 144 million unique email addresses alongside usernames, IP addresses and passwords stored as SHA-1 and bcrypt hashes (the former for earlier accounts, the latter for newer accounts). In 2019, the data appeared listed for sale on a dark web marketplace (along with several other large breaches) and subsequently began circulating more broadly. The data was provided to HIBP by a source who requested it to be attributed to "[email protected]".

FLH

Lil-Rokslider
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Grew up a white minority in black majority eastern city. Regret to say, last name says it all:

Mercy Kemboi