Scammed by an Alaskan Guide

IDShane

WKR
I am looking for some advice and hoping someone on here knows of something that can be done to try to recoup what has been lost. At this point I do not want to name the guide service as I am unsure of where this may go (legally). I started to talk to this guide back in late 2020 as he had taken a cousin to my hunting partner out for a successful Moose hunt. It sounded like a great hunt for a good price (at the time) so we signed up. We were able to pay our first 1/2 of the hunt between 2021-2022. The second half of the hunt was due by a few months prior to the hunt. My friend flew out here from Wisconsin and the guide called and said his gear had not arrived at the meeting point. We waited a few days and he canceled we were unable to rebook because of conflicts in 2024 so we were set to go 2025. I was called by Alaska Fish and game this spring about some violations that he might of had and was questioned about what I knew. I called the guide and he just stated that they were just bugging him as they always do and not to worry about it. I was concerned at the time but there was not much I could do. Fast forward to this week we have been contacted by by a hunting consultant and a few hunters and it sounds like the sh?t is hitting the fan. It sounds like he allegedly took at least 21 other hunters that I have heard about so far. I am hoping someone in the Rokslide family might have an idea on how I can recoup what has been lost. So far I have got with my bank to start a fraud claim. I plan to get with Alaskan Fish and game to see what the next steps are. Any advice would be appreciated.

KenLee

WKR
MOST crooks have screwed over so many people and blown so much money that you'll never recoup a dime.
Hope you have a different outcome, but you will probably be throwing good money after bad in hopes of getting anything personally from the scammer.

Erict

WKR
"we have been contacted by by a hunting consultant and a few hunters and it sounds like the sh?t is hitting the fan. It sounds like he allegedly took at least 21 other hunters that I have heard about so far."

Your post is overly vague. What "scam" are you alleging?

Sneaker

FNG
You can only get money back legally if the guy has a bunch of money and you are first in line, or you get a judgement and wait for him to earn it off over a decade? But there will be other people with their hands out as well. Chances are the guy is broke and has lots of debt on top…

bigv

Lil-Rokslider
"we have been contacted by by a hunting consultant and a few hunters and it sounds like the sh?t is hitting the fan. It sounds like he allegedly took at least 21 other hunters that I have heard about so far."

Agree....hard to understand what you are alleging? What are you trying to say? How were you scammed?
He took your deposit AND????

OP
IDShane

IDShane

WKR

I have been told that he will no longer have a guides license so he will be unable to conduct the hunt that me an many others have fully paid for.

180ls1

WKR
No advice for you but always wonder why people don't name the perps. There could be a Slider about to send this dude money right now and you could save him.

People don't want to tread into litigious territory. Especially as details are unclear and emerging. Lawsuits are brutal for everyone involved.