Savage carbon barreled rifle

muzz

FNG
Anyone have one of these carbon barreled rifles from Savage? Are they any good?

bobinmi

WKR
I'll let you know tomorrow. I'm headed to the range this afternoon to test some ammo and it will be its maiden voyage as mine.

I was told its a 500 dollar rifle with a 1000 dollar barrel but then again this is an internet forum with "serious folks" so they will definitely hate on a savage for sure.

I handled one a while back and the stock is typical savage but it was a nice feeling rifle. still had that savage fit and finish but the barrel is very nice and it definitely was light.

bobinmi

WKR
I was told its a 500 dollar rifle with a 1000 dollar barrel but then again this is an internet forum with "serious folks" so they will definitely hate on a savage for sure.

I handled one a while back and the stock is typical savage but it was a nice feeling rifle. still had that savage fit and finish but the barrel is very nice and it definitely was light.
those people feel the need to justify their multi thousand dollar rifles that shoot the same groups. I appreciate a fine rifle as much as the next but outside of a heavy bolt lift, I've never had an issue with any of the 7 that I own or have owned.

I’ve got a 6.5 prc that I really like and that shoots extremely well. I’m selling it as I have too much redundancy in rifles and calibers if you’re interested.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have one in 6.5 Creedmoor that I'm very happy with. Considering buying another in 280 AI. I've shot out to 900 yards with it and love the way it shoots for how light it is.

I wish the stock was a little beefier but to get that weight for the price I don't think you can beat it.

I have one in 6.5 Creedmoor that I'm very happy with. Considering buying another in 280 AI. I've shot out to 900 yards with it and love the way it shoots for how light it is.

I wish the stock was a little beefier but to get that weight for the price I don't think you can beat it.
do they make a carbon fiber stock for them yet? I can't imagine someone doesn't have a nicer stock for a 110 at this point?

505Wapiti

WKR
Have the 110 ultralight in 6.5 creedmoor and it’s a laser, love the thing and so does my 13 year old son.

Challis

FNG
I have been very happy with my 6.5 PRC. I have about 70 rounds through it and the bolt is getting smoother. It is not picky, I have tried 5 different bullets and a few powder combinations and it groups well each time.

stevers75

FNG
I have one in 6.5 prc. I had an issue with chambering handloads with certain brass so I ended up having to send it back to savage to have it reamed out again. I understand this is somewhat common with the 6.5 prc's. Other than that it's been a great rifle so far.