Savage 110 3 position safety question

RedBeard22

Lil-Rokslider
I recently installed an Elftmann Tactical trigger in my Savage 110 and noticed the safety can be reactivated after the trigger is pressed. Is this normal? It's a 3 position safety.

BjornF16

WKR
Just swapped barrels in my Savage 10 today so it was handy.

After firing Accutrigger, I cannot move safety out of “Fire”

hereinaz

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I recently installed an Elftmann Tactical trigger in my Savage 110 and noticed the safety can be reactivated after the trigger is pressed. Is this normal? It's a 3 position safety.
Go to Savage Shooters forum for lots of good info if you don’t figure it out here. I ran Savage actions for years, but I can’t remember the answer…

OP
RedBeard22

RedBeard22

Lil-Rokslider
Go to Savage Shooters forum for lots of good info if you don’t figure it out here. I ran Savage actions for years, but I can’t remember the answer…
I made an account there before posting here, but I'm not allowed to post or reply yet.

I have Savage Ultra Light 110, Savage 112, and Savage Axis II. None of them can be moved to “safe” after trigger press without running the bolt again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: WCB

Wapiti1

WKR
That is possible with an Elftmann trigger. There isn't a ramp at the sear like on a stock trigger, Timney, or Rifle Basix to pin the trigger in the fired position. It is possible with their design for the trigger to be free of the sear and allow the safety to be engaged after firing.

As long as you have adjusted the safety screw so that it is firmly engaged in the two back safety positions, and you have done several bump tests, you are good.

Jeremy