Sauer 1000 rifle wear

Turkeygetpwnd38

WKR
Classified Approved
My dad got a Sauer 100 6.5 creed that shoots great. He hunted with it the first time this past week, snow and cold conditions, and the cerakote appears to be just flaking off. I understand it’s not a huge deal, cosmetic only, but for one week of normal hunting conditions, it looks like a behind the seat truck gun of 2/3 years. Anyone else have a similar issue?
5309E7BB-89A6-43AB-A05A-0900DA217F2F.jpeg
BE68E236-DD1F-45AE-B4C1-FBD6B858E395.jpeg

Flatgo

Lil-Rokslider
Looks like it was rubbing on something. Mine has worn on the bottom metal from being in the gun bearer, but other than that it’s held up well through some really rough miles. Either way they have a 10 year warranty so I would send it back to sauer/blaser who imports them. I still think they’re the most underrated rifle on the market. If the tikka fan boys handled one they would be sauer fan boys

OP
Turkeygetpwnd38

Turkeygetpwnd38

WKR
Classified Approved
Looks like it was rubbing on something. Mine has worn on the bottom metal from being in the gun bearer, but other than that it’s held up well through some really rough miles. Either way they have a 10 year warranty so I would send it back to sauer/blaser who imports them. I still think they’re the most underrated rifle on the market. If the tikka fan boys handled one they would be sauer fan boys
I would tend to agree but he hunted a week, rifle was carried on a sling and in a case in the truck. A foot of snow on the ground so wasn’t sand/dirt. Bizarre, I’ll reach out to them though, didn’t know that. He loves it and it does shoot great. Thanks.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
Same. It's like DWR for the rain. It'll work for a little bit, but it's not going to do what it needs to for all that long.
I had a friend years ago who chipped his coating and water got under it. Stuff started rusting under the ceracoat and it all peeled up, he had to sand off a higher patch and it never matched right.

I’ll stake stainless any day of the week and twice on Sunday’s.

z987k

WKR
I had a friend years ago who chipped his coating and water got under it. Stuff started rusting under the ceracoat and it all peeled up, he had to sand off a higher patch and it never matched right.

Same. They can't cerakote the bore.

KenLee

WKR

Most Sauer rifles have a lop that are way too long for me. Didn't take long for me to put them down.

OP
Turkeygetpwnd38

Turkeygetpwnd38

WKR
Classified Approved

It appeared to happen in pretty much one day, it was really cold and the gun had iced over a bit. I hadn’t thought about it but bet a little water got in and froze, taking all that off.