San Antonio

CCooper

WKR
The wife will be on a several week business trip in San Antonio on her birthday weekend and I plan to fly out for 3 days. Anybody got any recommendations on where to go what to see while we are there?

fngTony

Super Moderator
Staff member
River walk downtown for food & drink. There’s a drive through safari north east of town. Corpus Christi isn’t too far if you have a day to spare. It’s been about five years, if I remember more I’ll get back to you.

fngTony

Super Moderator
Staff member
Oh take a gondola ride on the river downtown, you’ll get some of the local history and can scan more of the businesses for a place to go

When I was there I enjoyed the Pearl area, lots of places to eat and hangout.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Johnny Tyndall

Lil-Rokslider
Not a local, but I had a good time driving up to Lockhart to get bbq (was told it's better than anything in town). Get breakfast tacos and donuts at the Original Donut Shop. The river walk is worth checking out but fairly touristy, I'd look elsewhere for a nice meal.

baz77

WKR
If you like History the national war in the pacific museum out in Fredricksburg is cool. Lots od really good places to eat down there.

Market Square in SA is cool. A lot of Hispanic stuff for sale, and food.

You of course got Sea World, San Antonio Zoo, and the Alamo.

Boat rides down the river walk at night are cool.

Go to the Menger Hotel Bar. Its where Teddy Roosevelt created the Rough Riders.

If you like country music, John T Floore's country store is cool.

Lots of fun things in SA.

BriderLV

FNG
I was just out there last month so all these suggestions above are what I was told and they were spot on. Alamo was great (pay for the exhibit hall - was interesting), Market Square shops (great little place that sells churros - made to order). Wanted to do the zoo but didn't make it. River walk was fun, but lots of people on the holiday weekend I was there. Texas ranger museum is there and if you eat at the restaurant admission is free I think.

Food on the Riverwalk was good, not stellar.

This website has info and events. The River Walk had an art/craft fair that weekend which added to things to do.

https://www.visitsanantonio.com/

Have fun

Last edited:

thegrouse

Lil-Rokslider
I would add the King William district walking or driving tour. There is also a bike rental kiosk where you can pick up and drop off at several locations downtown. You can ride the bikes between the missions. The cost is reasonable. I would get some good BBQ, Smoke Shack near downtown is one of my favorites. Nichas on Roosevelt has great Mexican food. If you want to stay downtown Petes Taco House is my pick down there. Best food is not on the river walk, but the ambiance is great. Have fun, it will be hot.