San Antonio western hunters

Hey guys just getting a head count to see how many hunters in the area hunt elk out west. Looking to find some hunting partners as many of you I’m guessing are in the same boat.

Mid 30s working in healthcare for over 10 years, in good shape, wife and new baby as of October this year. Archery hunt mostly, have hunted Colorado two years, on a hill country lease here in Texas primarily whittail and pigs.

I have been out west and will again, although I don’t intend to make it an every year thing. I mainly bowhunt for pigs and Turkey hunt around Boerne. I’m late 20s, wife works in healthcare, had our first baby in November. Sounds like we have quite a bit in common!

DSC

FNG
Rokslide Sponsor
We have a chapter in San Antonio called DSC South Texas. Their website can be found here. That would be a great place for you to meet like-minded folks in the area and be part of some really cool conservation projects. Coincidentally, they have a banquet coming up on January 15, 2022. Send me a PM if you'd like more information or would like me to plug you in with the president directly.

Bdjones

Lil-Rokslider
Moved South of SA about 6 months ago from the North. Hunted several times in the Western states WYo and MT.

Do any of y’all in the general SATX area have a reloading setup? Im wanting to learn about the process before I get in, and would love a chance to learn

I live and work in San Antonio. However, will not be going west for big game this year. My son and I are going to Alaska for a DIY Moose Hunt! He sells and builds custom Traditional Bows out of his shop at Canyon Lake.

Anvil69

WKR
I’m in Wimberley, this will be my 3rd year hunting Mule deer in New Mexico and 2nd in Colorado for elk. I’m in good shape for 53 but move a little slow due to a knee injury. I usually hunt with my 20 year old son but he’s getting busy with life. I have been reloading for about 5 years. Like most of y’all I’ve been whitetail, pig and dove hunting for most of my life, but have been bitten hard by the western hunting bug.

MrMarc

FNG
I’m currently in North Texas, but I do go out west every year. Mostly solo, just because I cant grt anyone to go with me! Let me know if you need a hunting buddy anytime. Always open to at least sharing info

Brent

Lil-Rokslider
I'm in SATX stationed at Sam. I make at least one trip to AK annually and hunt in UT, ID, and NM regularly. I'm building points in WY, NV, CO, and AZ.

Bdjones

Lil-Rokslider
I'm running about the save point schedule besides added Mt. Satx area is hard to find any decent hunting without $$$ for a lease.

A place to shoot has a good archery range.

Anyone planning on TAC this year?

Also, long shot:
I’m interested in picking up a Rokslide Special in .223 or 6.5 Creed. I, however, don’t have any other tikkas and don’t know anyone else who does. In general, I prefer to try before I buy. So, if any of you Satx gents have a relatively unmodded tikka, here’s my offer; I buy a box of ammo (or 2) to shoot through your rifle, I pay for a range fee for you and myself, I shoot your rifle, and then buy lunch/beer as well. Can’t beat that deal 🤷🏼‍♂️