Sako s20 vs tikka 6.5 prc

Ajsomp

WKR
Classified Approved
Been eyeing the sako s20 in 6.5 PRC since they have been on sale. I like the idea of modular stock configuration, the accuracy I’ve seen them get, and the fit and finish of the rifle overall.

I’ve owned several tikkas now- I know their quality and how they shoot. With the stainless 6.5 prc version hitting the US, and for a cheaper price than the sako (albeit a few less features) would it really be worth it to snag the sako?

After market is nearly non existent for the sako, not that I would do anything but shorten the barrel and snag a precision stock to use with the hunting forend. For the tikka I’d throw it in a rokstok (150 days from now) and shorten the barrel- so I’d be in it for more money over the sako but lighter and arguably a better hunting set up. and while the sako is close to a tikka- it would obviously differ from the other tikkas in form and function.

If the s20 were at full price I don’t think I’d be considering it a comparison, but the $999 is around the same price as a tikka roughtech and roughly $200 more than a stainless.

Any opinions from anyone who has shot both would be appreciated.

BKM

FNG
If your happy with the sako as is then grab it there is nothing better about a tikka except after market options.

Personally I’d get a tikka and put it in your stock of choice if you have one your comfortable with already

Has anyone put their Sako S20 Hunter on a scale? online I'm seeing weights from 7.2-8.2 lbs depending on the site. Which is it? I know the S20 Precision is about a pound heavier.