saddle hunting

I one-sticked for quite a while with a short Hawk Helium which was lightweight, but honestly I hated it. One-sticking is a huge PITA in my humble opinion, especially when it came time to get your rope down off of the gnarly pines and cedars around here.

Now I suck it up with the extra weight and run two full size Heliums with a 2-step aider on the bottom stick, and a platform on the top one. I don’t get super high in the tree, but the shot angle is much better and I’m in position in no time. I’m so much happier this way.

raisins

FNG
I would get a Tethrd Predator platform (2 sizes and I use the smaller) and 4 or 3 novix or trophy line short sticks (same maker I believe with diff name) and use a single step aider, I would use a carry as you go aider and carry a back up one and tie your primary to your saddle using thin shock cord and a nite ize a biner

reckonill

FNG
I think options are nice...I have a set of Hawk Heliums with a Predator platform...also started using a Big B.O.B for one sticking...last week I scouted a tree that required me to break out the Lone Wolf Assault due to the limbs an how I wanted to sit...even if you don't one stick, I've found myself constantly rappeling out of the tree...I just feel safer given some of my gnarly sets and if you stand back from the tree at an angle...I've nver had trouble getting my rope down

Okay I am notorious for buying twice and crying once.

Basically I cheap out realize in 1 to 2 uses I love it and get high end stuff.

Saddle hunting was no different for me and here is what I ended up with.

My first set up was the xop renegade combo ( xop renegade saddle , xop edge platform , and the ropes ), with the muddy pro sticks .

I made some heavy modifications to the saddle to fit my needs.

Long story short I liked saddle hunting and wanted to start shedding some weight and changing some things .

I currently still use the xop edge platform . And I have since moved to the xop x2 sticks with 2- 1 step amsteel aiders , and amsteel HFAS system for my platform and sticks .

I really really like my set up alot , especially for setting my sticks .

I'm not 100% in love with using the HFAS for my platform compared to a cam buckle but it defiantly does the trick.

The only platforms I'd consider upgrading to would be the lone wolf fix , Invader by xop , or the new rzr .

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk