Running, Wearing, Using Gear & Equipment-- The OATH

GotDraw?

WKR
All,

I have finally decided to throw in the towel, join the cool kids club and give THE OATH.

I hereby solemnly pledge and affirm that henceforth:
  • I will no longer Wear clothes, I will Run them
  • I will no longer Use hunting gear/apparel, I will Run it
  • I will especially only refer to the use of Firearms and Archery gear with the correct use of the verb "to run"
  • My Jeep will now only Run aftermarket tires or equipment
  • Any time anyone asks me about anything related to gear, equipment I will ensure they know what I'm Running
    • BUT-- Now I am not sure how to answer if someone asks me what Running gear I'm Running?
Ok, now that I've taken the cool kids oath, I'll stop Running my mouth.

JL

JBrown1

Lil-Rokslider
Honest question: regarding the use of “running” in place of “using”... Do millennials use this everywhere, or is it hunting specific?

I ask because I don’t recall seeing it popping up in other places, but maybe I have missed it.

I do remember that “running” was used by car guys back in the 90s(ex “I’m running a 750 double pumper....”). It kinda made sense, as “run” has always been used with car(“runs good/bad/hot/etc.”)

I’m still unclear on how you can be “running” the latest Vortex “spotter”.

But I’m also unclear on how grown men can wear skinny jeans or flatbill caps.

*as I wrote the above sentence, I realized that might be the key: maybe you don’t wear skinny jeans and flatbill caps, maybe you “run” them?

Q child

WKR
If you are wearing clothes, but you don't like them that much are you "walking" them?
I've seen some form of this comment on here a few times. Not totally sure what the fuss is about. Sometimes people say things differently than me.

OP
GotDraw?

GotDraw?

WKR
Bruh, you runnin a flatbrim???

Hmm, how many cool-guy words can be used in one sentence? As in:

Hey BRUH-- FNG @coldstonekiller here, what RIG BUILD matches my Mountain Ops Flat Brim and Kuiu KIT?

I RUN custom Ti .243, Ti "BREAK", 4k RF, ELD boolits for 1,000m elk at my BFF-Bruh's honey hole,

And got new KIT-- all-CF 18" 6.5 PRC, SWARO 5-25x56 from this site.

PLEASE SCHOOL ME- what powder, primers, boolits should I RUN for 6.5 PRC Cape Buffaloe?

Last edited:

woods89

WKR
We also need to eliminate the words/phrases “assemble”, “glue”, “screwing on/in” and “attach” from our vocabulary. For the sake of prosperity, all those actions will henceforth be referred to as a “build”.
Ha ha, one of my pet peeves is all the rifle "builds". I feel like if you operated a lathe in the process, you can use build. Otherwise, you're just bolting parts together.

MattB

WKR
Ha ha, one of my pet peeves is all the rifle "builds". I feel like if you operated a lathe in the process, you can use build. Otherwise, you're just bolting parts together.
Agreed, but still more of a “build” than gluing 3 and increasingly 4 fletchings and an insert to an arrow shaft and then screwing in a point.

Last edited:

Poser

WKR
I’ve been finding humor in the oddly specific yet totally genetic questions as of late:

“What’s the best pack (to run) for DIY elk hunting in Colorado?”

We’re you expecting a different answer if you were hunting in Idaho? And while we’re at it, what tag application is everyone running?