Rubber conditioner

KINGSNAKE

WKR
Anyone have a suggestion on what to use to clean up the black rubber on this scope? Also do I keep this as a truck spotter and get a kowa 50? Or sell it and split the difference with a swaro 65 or kowa 77?
20220121_111555.jpg

Flyrodr

FNG
I'd try the scope mfgr first. Lacking any info there, perhaps one of the typical auto rubber "rejuvenators" such as Armorall, the various silicone-based products, etc. Any auto parts store or Amazon should have a selection. You don't want any to get to the internals or lenses, so perhaps one that is offered as wipes instead of in a spray bottle. Most of those work, albeit temporarily, to "re-blacken" rubber trim. But some leave a slick and/or sticky residue. I'd try on a small area before applying widely.

fatrascal

WKR
As far as keeping or selling the spotter, it depends on your style of hunting. Backpack hunting for days at a time, or day hunter? Are you riding an atv or truck or horse? I like a 65mm spotter for backpack hunting but something bigger for vehicle hunting. I've got the kowa 553 for future backpack hunting but have not been able to talk myself into leaving the 65mm spotter at home yet. But anyway, you get the idea. Fatrascal.

sako4me

FNG
Birchwood Casey makes a stock rejuvenator made for synthetic stocks and rubber parts. I’ve used it on both and it works well and doesn’t leave a oily film like armor all. Its called stock rejuvenator. It’s not expensive.

hawkman71

Lil-Rokslider
I just cleaned up the rubber on the front of my rangefinder that had become really sticky - and therefore dirty.

I tried rubbing alcohol and nail polish remover.

Both worked. Couldn't tell if one worked better. PCIMG_2022-10-26_15-09-12.JPG