Rokslide Community "Fat no mo'" 2023

okcaveman

FNG
Been a few weeks. Had a week of mountain hunting after my last check in, and wonky work schedule so my diet has been all over the place. Restarted and just finished week 2 of mtn tough kb20. Feeling stronger, feeling better cardio, but still sitting around 221. Need to get another 21 off

fwafwow

WKR
Classified Approved
I suck - still. Fell for one of those IG adds got a daily routine app, so I’m trying it out. My first 7 min “morning routine” took me a lot longer than that because of my poor cardio. 212.6#

Jskaanland

Administrator
Staff member
While I've been slacking the last 3 months seems you guys are getting at it.

3/4/2023 - 6' 215 lbs

HUNT JR

WKR
Missed this thread but weighed 187 at 5'10 which for my body is heavy with a higher body fat%

As of today I am down to 166 and have trimmed a lot of the fat off while still lifting heavy to build up the muscle. I am a CPA so quite busy right now - so very little cardio at this point.

NE Herd Bull

Lil-Rokslider
My story
(Sorry did not think it would get this long)

All my life I have carried a medium build on a small frame. Joe Average you could say. I was never an athlete, but as an adult I am super active (work 3 jobs, involved in my kids, and community, etc). So I have never felt "big" just not in good shape.

Around 4 years ago I found myself pushing 200lbs. It was a sideways picture of me holding my grandson that made me decide that I needed to pay more attention to my body. To start, I made some simple diet changes: avoid sugars, 1 plate of food per meal, never go back for seconds, snack on fruits and nuts instead of crap. For the first time in my life, I started going to a gym, but I truly had no idea what to do. I had trouble going regularly because I just felt lost there. It was a huge milestone (mentally and physically) the day I ran a full mile. Realized that I can do this!!!

The requirements of life gave me a lot of excuses not to work on my body. I now just buckle down and force myself to find the time. For me, business travel is the hardest on staying on any kind of diet and workout routine.

No trainer or diet plan, just tried to be sensible and work out when possible. Initially, I got down to 153 but that was too much weight loss, even for my small frame. I was weak, no muscle mass. I quit worrying about what the number was on the scale.

I got past my naive embarrassment and started adding weight lifting to my gym visits, finally found some things that worked for me.

Started taking my pack frame, strapping a weight on it hitting the incline treadmill. (For me this is KILLER on my body, but it seems to do me the most good). It completely exhausts me and I am drenched with sweat.

This hunting addiction that I suffer from has helped me find a reason to push this old machine as hard as I can. There are a lot of hunting experiences that I want to do before the window of opportunity closes on me.

I currently have a huge goal to shoot for, which helps motivate me. My bride and I are going to NZ on a tahr hunt in April. The possibility of a very physical experience has me a little spooked, so I am pushing myself extra hard. Try to never miss a day of seriously working out. Ran 6.5m Thursday, 3m on inclined treadmill with 50lb pack on Friday. Ran 4.5 this morning. May try and go again this evening. Always preface my treadmill work with weightlifting. Always hit the rowing machine after treadmill.

Today, I am just short of my 57th birthday. At 5-10 173 I feel about right. Will never look strong but I feel pretty solid.

I truly applaud all of you who are also pushing yourself....keep up the fight