Rokslide 2022 Weight Loss Thread

Hussar

Lil-Rokslider
I've been all over the place with weight. I've been consistent in the gym, but mileage has been suffering.

I was 214.2 this morning. Did an 18 hour 8 minute Rim to Rim to Rim two weeks ago. Felt pretty good after figuring out my electrolytes halfway through. Was down to 210.4 on Friday morning almost one week after the canyon. Relaxed a little on food over the weekend.

Marbles

WKR
Classified Approved
Been holding 170. I started gaining back once I stopped counting calories, so I started intermittent fasting on week days. It has saved me money not buying lunch and I lost the few pounds I put back on and have been holding steady for the past month without the pain in the ass of calorie counting. A coworker in cardiology recommended the book "Fast, Feast, Repeat" and that got me to finally be willing to give it a try.

Between moving, a new job, and fixing up a new house my activity level has plummeted the past two months. Need to get back after it.

Hussar

Lil-Rokslider
Started November at 215.4 and had a quick drop down to 211ish. I've been hovering between 209 and 211 for the last 2 weeks. I think I need to start tracking everything I'm eating. Goal by the end of this month was 205, but I'm not sure that will happen.

A consistent 210-211 has been the lightest I've maintained in the last 10 years. My lifts in the gym are continuing to increase, as well as my cardio. So in as much as maintaining weight, I'm still getting stronger.

I've gotta throw my hat into the ring because I can't wait for a 2023 thread. I quit dipping back in the spring and quickly packed on 20lbs. 6'1, 221+/- 1-2lbs. My 3rd daughter will be born at the end of March, Lord willing, and I'd like to be back down to my normal 205. Best case scenario is that I could the 190's again which I haven't seen since my 1st daughter was born 4 years ago.

I need the accountability of this thread and hope I can spur some of you guys into rejoining the fight or at least continuing on with me.

Moving to a lower carb strategy (less than 100g per day) with some IF for good measure. I already work out pretty consistently so no real changes there. Glad to have thanksgiving and all those goodies behind me. I can survive until Christmas.

Marbles

WKR
Classified Approved
I've gotta throw my hat into the ring because I can't wait for a 2023 thread. I quit dipping back in the spring and quickly packed on 20lbs. 6'1, 221+/- 1-2lbs. My 3rd daughter will be born at the end of March, Lord willing, and I'd like to be back down to my normal 205. Best case scenario is that I could the 190's again which I haven't seen since my 1st daughter was born 4 years ago.

I need the accountability of this thread and hope I can spur some of you guys into rejoining the fight or at least continuing on with me.

Moving to a lower carb strategy (less than 100g per day) with some IF for good measure. I already work out pretty consistently so no real changes there. Glad to have thanksgiving and all those goodies behind me. I can survive until Christmas.
If low carb works will depend in your genetics. You may have great results, just be open to the fact that you might need a different strategy as well. Good luck.

Hussar

Lil-Rokslider
Checking in: Current Weight: 207. Day 8 of 75 Hard. Basically eating meat, fruit, and some dairy (greek yogurt and sour cream). I'm thinking I'm going to cut back on some of the dairy as I'm struggling with dropping weight. Cardio is still improving and my lifts are continuing to go up.

200 by the end of the year is possible, but I really need to dial in the nutrition if I want to get there.

Was gonna wait until Friday to check in but no time like the present. Weighed in at 217 this morning. I'm sure a recent stomach bug helped but maybe it's just what I needed to get the ball rolling.

Yall keep up the good work.

Marbles

WKR
Classified Approved
Still at 217 this morning. I'm not calling it a win or a loss for this week. At least the scale didn't go up.
The holidays are hard. I have been waffling between 170 on Friday and 175 by Monday, then 170 again by Friday. It is eating too much junk on the weekends, but sticking to 18 hour fasts on work days. I have to go 1 hole looser on my belt at 175, so I know it is fat and not water I'm adding.

Yoder

WKR
I'm still at 180, down from 215. I've maintained this weight for about 8 months. I really should be around 160. I generally do some kind of 1-2hr workout about 5 days a week. I cut back on the cardio and now focus more on weight training, calisthenics and hiking with a weighted pack. Even though my weight is the same, I've dropped three notches on my belt and have increased every weight I lift by at least 50% or more. 2023 I really need to drop the last 20lbs.