Rogan #1914 - Siddharth Kara (cobalt mining)

Yes, it's ugly and hypocritical. It's also pretty basic human nature to not want to destroy the natural places in your home country and pay more for something if someone else is willing to destroy their spot and sell it to you for cheaper.
Agree 100%, I just hate it when the US encourages/subsidizes (see Biden administration offering $9B in aid to Congo to ramp up production) environmental destruction in one place, and then tries to act altruistic when it comes to global environmental policy re: Paris Climate Accord, etc... How much of that $9B do you really think is going to improving conditions, efficiencies, etc..., when you're handing it out to one of the most corrupt and dangerous governments in the world? Why have global agreements and treaties that say one thing that allow critical exceptions in direct conflict with the goals? It's all a BS paradox... To save the planet we need to run EVs. To run EVs we need to destroy the planet. LOL!!!

Flyjunky

WKR
Agree 100%, I just hate it when the US encourages/subsidizes (see Biden administration offering $9B in aid to Congo to ramp up production) environmental destruction in one place, and then tries to act altruistic when it comes to global environmental policy re: Paris Climate Accord, etc... How much of that $9B do you really think is going to improving conditions, efficiencies, etc..., when you're handing it out to one of the most corrupt and dangerous governments in the world? Why have global agreements and treaties that say one thing that allow critical exceptions in direct conflict with the goals? It's all a BS paradox... To save the planet we need to run EVs. To run EVs we need to destroy the planet. LOL!!!
Very true and it’s the same with all these “woke” companies as well. Apple, Nike, etc all spewing their media bs about saving the environment, equality, etc while they use slave labor and contribute to the very thing they’re supposedly against…it’s all a frickin joke.

Haven't listened to the podcast but I'll try to.

What's the solution folks want? Higher cost of living? Lower environmental quality at home? I wish there were some legitimate way to score or evaluate how our purchases and policies impact things, so we know.. "Ex: This electric car reduces emissions by X over a comparable ICE car but XXX was the environmental impact differences between building these two cars". It'll never happen though or if it did the numbers would probably be butchered by political interests.

I need to research more but i'm beginning to feel like humanity is ****** by having 8 billion people consuming everything like crazy. How is there a way around us mining the entire world only to dump it all in landfills 15 years down the road until there's little left to mine and no natural places? No matter what, we're going to continue trashing this place. There's reason to try to minimize the damage but we consume so much shit that it all seems like a slight delay of the inevitable if people are going to maintain the same lifestyles and population continues to grow.

Last edited:
People keep putting hope in humanity only to be let down. Somehow each new generation of thinkers is morally superior and is going to do things better than their ancestors. But we are all the same, as far back as the history books go, the story is the same.

Put your trust in God fellas. This place has a shelf life.

Blowdowner

Lil-Rokslider
This kind of stuff happens 24/7 all around the world my man. You'll stay depressed if you think about it. No one wants to admit to being part of the chain that brings technology and creature comforts to the world.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Not creature comforts once they are used to track you as a weapon owner with dangerous abilities.

Haven't listened to the podcast but I'll try to.

What's the solution folks want? Higher cost of living? Lower environmental quality at home? I wish there were some legitimate way to score or evaluate how our purchases and policies impact things, so we know.. "Ex: This electric car reduces emissions by X over a comparable ICE car but XXX was the environmental impact differences between building these two cars". It'll never happen though or if it did the numbers would probably be butchered by political interests.

I need to research more but i'm beginning to feel like humanity is ****** by having 8 billion people consuming everything like crazy. How is there a way around us mining the entire world only to dump it all in landfills 15 years down the road until there's little left to mine and no natural places? No matter what, we're going to continue trashing this place. There's reason to try to minimize the damage but we consume so much shit that it all seems like a slight delay of the inevitable if people are going to maintain the same lifestyles and population continues to grow.
When you have a few minutes, do a search on youtube for Pete Buttigeig. This should bring up some of the recent hearings where he was grilled by folks with these same questions and some data to go along with them. For example, one GOP congressman who believes in green energy and employs solar or wind (maybe both) in his home asked Buttgieg how much electric energy consumption goes up if we replace the average households' current ICE cars (2) with EVs. Essentially, charging one EV from home is equivalent in consumption to 7 refrigerators, and 2 EVs would be the same as running 25 refrigerators per household. When asked what is being done to address the obvious impacts on demand on the current infrastructure as well as what the power source(s) will be to meet this demand, Mr. Buttgieg deflected, only offering plattitudes around the need for bold ideas and innovation. Soooooo, we make irreversible changes impacting critical basic energy needs, and then we're supposed to figure out later. Apparently, the administration learned nothing from the disaster in TX last winter.

EDIT: here it is...

Last edited:
When you have a few minutes, do a search on youtube for Pete Buttigeig. This should bring up some of the recent hearings where he was grilled by folks with these same questions and some data to go along with them. For example, one GOP congressman who believes in green energy and employs solar or wind (maybe both) in his home asked Buttgieg how much electric energy consumption goes up if we replace the average households' current ICE cars (2) with EVs. Essentially, charging one EV from home is equivalent in consumption to 7 refrigerators, and 2 EVs would be the same as running 25 refrigerators per household. When asked what is being done to address the obvious impacts on demand on the current infrastructure as well as what the power source(s) will be to meet this demand, Mr. Buttgieg deflected, only offering plattitudes around the need for bold ideas and innovation. Soooooo, we make irreversible changes impacting critical basic energy needs, and then we're supposed to figure out later. Apparently, the administration learned nothing from the disaster in TX last winter.

EDIT: here it is...

You aint got to tell me about it, i know that government pushing these things hasn't got a fooking clue about the infrastructure needs to support it or how the grid works. My understanding of the disaster in TX last winter was primarily about none of the energy infrastructure being designed for the cold. But of course partisans never miss a chance to twist a disaster to fit their narrative so they went to their tribes blaming it on wind/solar.

Afghanistan is incredibly mineral rich. However, there is no infrastructure (roads, electricity, etc...) to efficiently mine it and obvious territorial tribe squabbles that have existed for centuries complicate things. The last I read the Chinese and others are trying to get a foothold, but its gonna be tough for anybody to go in there and successfully negotiate the culture, traditions, etc...
Make no mistake about China is already in Afghanistan...they could care less about the culture, traditions ect, they have much lower moral standard they will just look the other way..They have pretty much taken over mining in the Congo...they will have Afghanistan worked out in less than 5 years...

You aint got to tell me about it, i know that government pushing these things hasn't got a fooking clue about the infrastructure needs to support it or how the grid works. My understanding of the disaster in TX last winter was primarily about none of the energy infrastructure being designed for the cold. But of course partisans never miss a chance to twist a disaster to fit their narrative so they went to their tribes blaming it on wind/solar.
The Gov is pushing it because they all own stocks in these companies, it's got nothing to do with sustainable or the environment.

Hmmm
Wonder if we'll ever go back? Any bets?
Nope, we're done there for now and probably forever. It wasn't a coincidence that we stepped out so China could step in. The Lithium is a part of it, amongst other things. China will colonize Trashcanistan just like they're colonizing Africa. They will bring infrastructure to AFG just like they've done in Africa.

Almost no one was paying attention to China's activities in Africa over the last decade. Just like they didn't pay attention to their part in why we invaded Iraq. I've written many papers in the past about China's activities over the last 40 years and I still try to keep tabs on their growth.

Try this out sometime:

Look at a globe or good map and look at the countries between China and Iran. If you research those countries, you'll see that they're all falling in, one way or another, with either China or Iran (they're partners).

Research them enough and you'll see that we have been a mercenary army at times for China/Iran.

Our gov't sold us out to them awhile back because the real power in the world said to. Who's the real power? That would be the 20 or so people that own roughly 80% of the world's assets. While the majority of people are concerned about Red vs blue, y'all slept on the fact that our gov't was taken over on both sides by GLOBALISTS.

What the "real power" and their globalist lackeys see on a world map is completely different from what we're taught. The way things are actually ran and how decisions are made, isn't taught in any high school civics class.

Anyways, I'm just gonna stop there. If any of you are curious about how the world works, I suggest studying global trade over the last 30-40 years. Fwiw, I'm not a tinfoil hat type. I'm just some guy with a passion for researching history, war, and economics.

Flyjunky

WKR
Make no mistake about China is already in Afghanistan...they could care less about the culture, traditions ect, they have much lower moral standard they will just look the other way..They have pretty much taken over mining in the Congo...they will have Afghanistan worked out in less than 5 years...
And they’re already taking over Venezuela as well.

Afghanistan is incredibly mineral rich. However, there is no infrastructure (roads, electricity, etc...) to efficiently mine it and obvious territorial tribe squabbles that have existed for centuries complicate things. The last I read the Chinese and others are trying to get a foothold, but its gonna be tough for anybody to go in there and successfully negotiate the culture, traditions, etc...
It will be a hub once China's New Silk Road and String of Pearls is complete.

Bean counters made that choice, not the gov't. It's cheaper for us if the Chinese handle that.
Possibly. The world economy is changing. Pretty much everything is an unknown right now as who will dominate in the next 10 years. China is faltering in cheap production, but they are willing to invest in minerals and extract them without the ultra environmentalist having a say in how it is done. Russia is probably done for the next 10 years, but can run on their own deposits. Africa is already putting in place restrictions of raw materials.

Ukraine also has some fairly large mineral deposits from what I am hearing also.