River American gen 2

b0nes

Lil-Rokslider
I’m on my phone so I will keep it short and sweet. The Ol lady drew a good muley tag this year in Idaho so we went out shooting and all the rifles I have had way too long of a LOP. So I started digging into some high falutin chassis rifles and just couldn’t afford it this year. Settled in on a ruger American gen 2 predator in 7-08, a caliber my dad reloads for and has killed everything from moose and caribou to whitetail deer for us. Slapped a Nightforce shv 3x10 on it and here are the results.

Top target is with the crappy radial brake provided with the rifle.

Second target is with the suppresssor attached. (Virtually no poi change)

And the 3rd target is with the suppressor but the target blew off in the wind as I was Going to take a 3rd shot so a 3rd shot was never taken.

Pretty impressive for 500 bucks!

Attachments

• IMG_0818.jpeg
    IMG_0818.jpeg
    419.9 KB · Views: 38
How does it feed? I have a gen 1 predator in 6 creedmoor and it hardly feeds at all. I have a buddy looking at these for his wife too.

BLJ

WKR
How does it feed? I have a gen 1 predator in 6 creedmoor and it hardly feeds at all. I have a buddy looking at these for his wife too.
My Gen 2 6 ARC feeds well from the factory AR15 style mags.
Had a Gen 1 308 and (2) 6.5 Creedmoors and both fed well from the AICS mags.
Is yours a rotary mag?

My Gen 2 6 ARC feeds well from the factory AR15 style mags.
Had a Gen 1 308 and (2) 6.5 Creedmoors and both fed well from the AICS mags.
Is yours a rotary mag?
Yeah just the factory rotary mag. It might be worth doing the magwell swap to aics.

The Guide

WKR
I have had 2 6.5CM RAP, a 6CM RAP, a 5.56 RAR, and a 204 RAP that were all G1 and rotary magazine that fed with no issues. Both 6.5CM rifles were sold to friends who couldn't believe that I could build a $600 rifle and scope system that would shoot MOA at 500 yards. The 6CM and 5.56 both live in Bravo Chassis because I hate the stocks and still feed good with the AICS mags. These rifles were purchased pre 2018. I understand that in later years the QC wasn't the best and they had more issues than when they were first released.

Jay