RIP tribute your dog 2022

Rambucsabillbul

Lil-Rokslider
The light of our lives for 14 plus years, passed on Christmas 2021.
Ozzy, was incredible, gentle to baby's and everyone he was around.
Incredibly smart, knew so many commands and tricks.
Missed terribly.

Attachments

• 20191224_221830.jpg
    20191224_221830.jpg
    168.8 KB · Views: 44
We’ve had a tough year here. One of my wife’s two puppies collapsed and died in February at 5 1/2 months old. Eight months later, the female puppy from the same litter collapsed and died as well. Some sort of congenital heart problem. Really not a great experience for the kids.

Marble

WKR
Simone. Got her at 8 weeks old and she lived to almost 13. Put her down a month ago when I got home from Colorado.

She had two litters of pups. She was a wonderful Bitch! Took great care of her pups.

Outstanding hunter and pointer, but was a little too eager and would flush birds. Unafraid of anything. Very typical shorthair. She was a one owner dog and loved and listened to no one else but me. Drove my wife crazy!

I still have moments just driving around. I miss her a lot.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk
View attachment 486109

TheGDog

WKR
Sigh... in 2020 my Brizzy girl.. the Tumors finally took their toll. And I had to have her put down. We had the 3 of us there in the room saying our goodbyes.

And she had lost about 20% of her body weight. Which doesn't sound like much until you run those numbers on yourself, and then think about a YOU of that weight.

(In this pic you can also see our little one behind me) My little "Spaz Monkey" loved all people, dogs? Well, lets just say she didn't take no sh!t off bigger dogs, as these Terriers are known to do. She made it to 15yrs.

The tumors were a horrible way to go. They weep blood, and required changing out her bedding daily. And poor thing.... she had one like a centimeter away from her coochie that she was constantly licking at. I'm sure it must have been unbearable.

EDIT: P.S. Brizzy was CRAZY smart! I could do the command either with voice or hand gestures, and then later I had her executing different cmds with different subtle head nods!

gary-001 - CROPD.jpg10580793_10152314088189135_5026647924071757141_o.jpg

And then... in 2021... down to just the little one... I believe I watched our little one Mancha most likely have a heart attack, right there beside me. Picked her up afterwards, after watching her panting rapidly with shallow breaths with eyes super wide open... after I'd just watched her exhibiting some of the same outward symptoms she'd shown this one time in the past when I believe she'd had a minor stroke event, as she was trying to make her way over to be close to me in her distressed state. And I'm pretty sure she died shortly after I'd picked her up in my arms. :*( The hardest part? My son was home at the time so coming to the realization that I needed to inform him of it, so that I could allow him to grieve.

Ugh, and then? Since it was like right before the weekend... I realized I was going to have to keep her on ice until I could arrange for cremation services for her. And I gotta say?... it really messed me up lowering her down into my YETI wrapped up in a towel. Because up until that point, that would have only been a game animal getting lowered into there. WOO! that feeling weirded me out soo bad. I had to hurry up and close it quickly.

I cannot tell how much joy she brought not only to me but quite literally every other human that crossed our paths. EVERYBODY loved Mancha. WE really really lucked out with her. Her demeanor wasn't at all what you think of when you think of Chihuahua. The only time she'd yap was if something was going along the wall in the backyard, then she'd turn into fearless protector of the backyard. It's a very different thing walking a small dog like that around. Because they're vulnerable to many threats, and you have to keep an eye to the sky as well to make sure there's no Hawks lookin' to try something. Anytime a shadow zipped across the ground your head whips around to shoot up towards the sky to verify what it is. And you learn to be a real good reader of the other dogs body language in order to determine if they were gonna EFF with her, because some breeds are just plain Aholes in that regard when it comes to her small stature. You learn to recognize that look in their body language of them thinking "Squirrel?" and wanting to bee-line at her, at which point I'd be the protector and let 'em know she's with me and you better not try any sh~t or I'll pin you to the ground so fast it'll make your head spin! And then once I'd allow them to proceed to investigate her.. you would then kinda see in their body language how things then would change, like their brain was confused "It looks like a Squirrel... but I dunno... it smells like a dog??"

And as a grown a$s man of some size.. if you're walking down a sidewalk by yourself, and a ways up ahead of you, you see a female walking your direction on that same sidewalk... you know the deal... they'll likely cross the street long before they reach where you are.. walk on past.. then at some point merge back in over to the original side somewhere safely behind you.

BUT... when you're walking with Mancha? It's a totally different experience that just brings joy and more joy as people, but especially girls/ladies now actually approach you and strike up conversation and want to say high to her! You Exist!! It was so awesome to be greeted with nothing but smiles from everybody you meet when you're out and about with her!

It's been just over a year now. I won't ever be "over" the two of them not being in my life anymore... but at least now... I believe I'm ready to get bring another dog into our home again. Just not sure about some things since Mama has now taken to enjoying going on hikes with hiking groups whenever I'm out on hunts. So I question to some degree if I should get one again at the moment. Because I know my body is getting towards the end of it's physical abilites to hunt decently. I just don't know how long I've got. So that motivates me to make sure to get out there into the field a lot. And the thing of it is... being a good Daddy like I am... it always made me feel bad when I had to leave them behind because I knew Mama and the Boy never really engaged with them on quite the same level as I did in terms of taking them out and about. And making sure they got socializing at the Dog Park, etc. BUT... be that as it may... with having worked in my home for 20+ yrs straight now... I have a much more intense level of isolation than most folks do. And when I'm being honest with myself I realize having another one to take care of would help me immensely in combating the feelings that also come along with that isolation.

Here's a pic from the day we brought the little one home as a pup! The wife took a picture of her at her work desk, as she'd purchased her from someone at her work. I forget the reason, but she needed me to come pick her up that day to bring her back home, and I fell in love with that little booger! :)
10398648_63477079134_5209076_n.jpg

I included a pic of the suture she had when I had my son walking her day before Halloween that year because I has a reservation at Wister, CA waterfowl reserve. As he walked her past a house where the fam was in their garage doing jack-o-lanterns... a POS Black Lab came rushing out and bit her!! Anyhoo... with the ensuing surgery that's when we learned that she now had a heart murmur, and we were told she shouldn't go under again, as it would be dangerous how at her age and with the murmur.

Attachments

• 2170_50317999134_6729_n.jpg
    2170_50317999134_6729_n.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 20
  • ManchaGotBit.jpg
    ManchaGotBit.jpg
    208.8 KB · Views: 20
  • 1529749_10152314066989135_4409511825144874685_o.jpg
    1529749_10152314066989135_4409511825144874685_o.jpg
    298.3 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Blue dog.
Only lived one short year. Came along at a time when I really needed unconditional love. Saved me from rough patch. Deeply miss that pup.
807d846c359aca6d6e9ae4329a6b05d6.jpg

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk