Ring Height Question - Seekins Havak

Loebs

Lil-Rokslider
Gentlemen
I wondering if anyone has some insight to ring height on Seekins rifles. My wife and kids got me a new PH2 in .308 for Christmas. I have a Leupold VX5 3-15 x 44 inbound for it. I know there are lots of opinions on scopes, but this is what I have decided to put on it. Seekins is bogged down right now and I'm waiting on a call back. I would like to use their rings and am trying to determine what height to order. I know that here are may other factors that go into ring height, build, body features, etc. But I'm looking for a starting point. Leupold has said medium rings on a rail, their ring height for mediums is .99" and Low is .89". Seekins has a few options in between such as medium - .87", medium high - .92", and high - .97". I know each manufacture measures a bit differently too. If anyone can point me in the right direction I would appreciate it.

Thanks,
Greg

Frank Dux

Lil-Rokslider
Something to consider on scope height,

Also check out the ARC M rings.

I have a PH1 and the stock on it has almost no comb height. Not sure if the PH2 has more comb height, but I run a Bushnell DMR 2 with 34mm Seekins/Vortex .92 low height rings with more than plenty clearance for the objective and it’s a 56mm bell. With a 30mm tube I might consider lower, especially if the comb sits low. I ended up putting a Triad tactical cheek pad/bag on the gun to get my cheek weld where I wanted it. It’s my only gripe about an otherwise handy and accurate rifle.

Hope this helps.

MW

Gentlemen
I wondering if anyone has some insight to ring height on Seekins rifles. My wife and kids got me a new PH2 in .308 for Christmas. I have a Leupold VX5 3-15 x 44 inbound for it. I know there are lots of opinions on scopes, but this is what I have decided to put on it. Seekins is bogged down right now and I'm waiting on a call back. I would like to use their rings and am trying to determine what height to order. I know that here are may other factors that go into ring height, build, body features, etc. But I'm looking for a starting point. Leupold has said medium rings on a rail, their ring height for mediums is .99" and Low is .89". Seekins has a few options in between such as medium - .87", medium high - .92", and high - .97". I know each manufacture measures a bit differently too. If anyone can point me in the right direction I would appreciate it.

Thanks,
Greg
If you ordered their rings, what was the turnaround? I ordered a ph2 at the hunting expo, they threw in a pair of their rings. Still waiting for both.

JCMCUBIC

WKR
I'm using Seekins 30mm lows (.82") on a PH1 with a 30mm tube, 50mm objective scope. This is a very good fit for me.

I'm using APA lows (.75") on an Element with a 30mm tube, 42mm objective scope. This is on the border of being to low and would probably be a better fit for me with the .82" rings.

IDHUNTER

Lil-Rokslider
If you already have the rail or know the height of the rail, you should be able to use the measurements given for the rings and your scope to figure out how high your rings need to be for clearance. I can tell you that with an NXS with 56MM Objective, i have plenty of clearance on 2 different guns with the Low Seekins rings.

I was in the same boat a month ago trying to get the perfect rail/rings combo with my scope(Nightforce NXS 42mm) on a Tikka. I finally just decided I would start ordering sizes from vendors that had easy simple return policies and go from there. I got lucky on attempt #1 and went with Mountain Tactical 0 MOA rail and seekins low rings. Perfect fit for me.

Latest posts

Featured Video

Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Veron16