Review of Modern Day Sniper / Rifleman ***Updated 8/17/22***

roperking

FNG
I agree that they share the best and most free information of any of the guys out there. And, their paid content is the best presented and most thorough so you don't feel like it is what they already talk about as they cover it in detail with good explanations and demonstrations. As former sniper instructors, they have an excellent basis to teach from. They are all in for sure.

But Frank Galli does a pretty good job and his videos you can watch with a couple months of his subscription and get the goods. His videos aren't as progressive, but they are valuable. His new videos that have popped up on YouTube with Chris Way are pretty good. If you don't know of or haven't followed Chris Way's stuff, its excellent. He focuses on actual testing and improvement. Dude is pretty studdly in the outdoors to boot.
I know Chris very well, he is a great guy as well. I do like his analytical approach. I used to watch every precision rifle related video that would come along and for the most part I still do. Now my time is mainly tied up in traveling to and shooting matches while trying to keep my head above water in veterinary school at the same time.

hereinaz

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I know Chris very well, he is a great guy as well. I do like his analytical approach. I used to watch every precision rifle related video that would come along and for the most part I still do. Now my time is mainly tied up in traveling to and shooting matches while trying to keep my head above water in veterinary school at the same time.
There is so much to learn when starting, but once you get into matches and have watched the basics, they are repetitive in a lot of ways. What I like about Chris' stuff is that it is a cool approach and new thoughts. I keep my eye out for new stuff too. There isn't as much progress in techniques and gear as there used to be for a few years.

The thing I think it absolutely key is that Phil and Caylen focus on the fundamentals. There are awesome shooters out there with techniques, but not everyone can repeat them and they might be specific to one situation.

OP
Travis Bertrand

Travis Bertrand

Super Moderator
Staff member

There’s a cool podcast you should check out, it’s called mythology of marksmanship. Another guy going through vet school and dominating prs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: XLR

StuckoYota99

Lil-Rokslider
I just got back from the technical hunting class in Yakima. 10/10 would recommend for new and even more seasoned hunters. You will learn something for sure.
Caylen is an amazing instructor and is super humble about it. He packs a ton of information into 2 days.
My biggest take away was the confidence I now have in myself and my rifle. I never thought I would be able to hit a target at 500 yds. And caylen had me hitting a target at 1100 the first day.
He also dispelled a lot of rumors and myths about rifles and ballistic.
Reading and shooting in the wind is still black magic but now I have the basic understanding and see that it is possible.

Bottom line. This class made me find my own truths about my ability and my equipment.