Rests/Mounts for Specific Applications

JW@TRACT

Lil-Rokslider
Rokslide Sponsor
We had originally considered asking about "Rifle Rests for Specific Applications," but in the end decided to keep the discussion more optics focussed (since we are an optics company). So instead, we wanted to know if you guys buy multiple tripods, sticks, window mounts, etc for your optics, or do you try and find a single unit that works well for the stand, still hunting, and on the range?

Wapiti1

WKR
I suspect you'll find we use a mount that works with multiple support options. Arca would be the current standard mount.

I have Arca style rails or mounts on my spotters, binocs, and cameras/lenses. Then, I have 4 tripods they may go onto, depending on use. Or I might use them on a window mount. Or I might go with a monopod.

My tripods all have different heads, and/or are different weights. For example, one is a heavy beast with a gimbal head for big lenses, and another is a light carbon fiber with a smallish fluid head for backpacking.

Others will have many variations of the above. If I had to pare it down, it would be a heavy tripod, a light tripod, and a window mount. At least for my spotter and binocs. I will never be without a good gimbal for my camera.

Jeremy