Reset the parallax on SWFA SS 2.5-10x32 Ultralight…

Tod osier

WKR
I have a couple of SWFA 2.5-10 Ultralights with the BDC reticle in use where I'd like to reset the parallax. The parallax on these is set at 150 yards and I'd prefer closer (one is on crossbow and the other for a .22). The rimfire version with duplex crosshairs comes set at 50 yards and the regular ultralight comes in at 100 yards, so it seems that the design could accommodate the adjustment.

I've done some reading on resetting parallax on non adjustable scopes. All the discussion revolves around scopes that you can remove the end of the objective bell on the scope (like a Leupold) and then adjust parallax by screwing the lens carrier in or out once you expose it.

These scopes are built differently, but look very much like there is a lock ring and then a second ring that could be the lens carrier adjacent to the objective. Anyone have comments or guidance?

Photos of 2 different SWFA SS 2.5-10x32 Ultralights:

j9NnaLl.jpg

OcOUs6W.jpg

OP
Tod osier

Tod osier

WKR
That sounds like a bad plan (and a good way to immediately make your scope guaranteed to fog).

Have you tried contacting them to see if they'll do a parallax distance reduction? https://www.swfa.com/contact-us

Thanks for the feedback. They won't (can't) do it, I checked first.

Scopes of the other design that I mentioned are sealed in such a way that the lens carrier can move without loosing integrity (unless you screw the carrier too far forward and break the seal). Such adjustments are routinely made by the air rifle or rimfire guys for non AO scopes without a problem as a one time adjustment.

I may get an ultralight rimfire to check to see if the lens is situated in a different position.