removable liners in boots?

tttoadman

WKR
I have Tibets as my only high quality boots. I really need to get some insulated boots before next year. I am a really cold person, which is sort of a bummer for me. I am told that removable liners would be great for me, but there are few options out there for all leather boots with lacing locks and removable liners.

Q: What are the the warmest(reasonable) options out there for EE size 12ish with hardcore lace locks? insulated or liner or both? My lowest temps are likely around 0-10.

Q: Is it crazy to buy a good fitting liner like a Kenetrek 10" replacement and put in a set of Lowa Tibets that are oversized? Does the overthick insulation negate the tight fit of the boot and allow heel slip to start? Do I just need to sack up and get a pair of Lowa Superwarm(or something similar) and assume they are going to be warm enough?

Q: What has everyone found to be the most durable insulation. I have heard about primaloft breaking down over time. What about some of the others?

I don't think I have missed anything on the market. I am also skeptical to buy without being able to put my hands on. I have hit a mind-block, and want to have something to try soon while I have this wonderful NW winter weather.

Iron Mike

FNG
Triple T
I thought I read recently on this or another forum about the Tibets now being offered in an insulated version, I love my Tibets and have not got cold in them yet - but when I am wearing them in really cold weather I am usually chasing Chukar so I am constantly moving.
You may want to look into those cold weather Tibets if you like yours like I do.