Remote Wifi Internet connectivity options

WorleyElk

FNG
I'd like to hear some GD recommendations for Remote Wifi? I'll be in a place in North Idaho where LTE/4G is extremely limited and unreliable. My New job, Software Sales requires me to be somewhat monitoring my email while I'm gone. Even on PTO, you're still on the clock. Being gone for 2 weeks is tough.

My thought is to hunt the early morning, make my way back to camp. Knock out some emails and Salesforce.com, grab a bite to eat and a snooze then head back out to glass the evening hunt.

So is the solution Satelite Internet? I have Verizon, but my phone was unreliable last year for signals and also required a 10-minute truck ride.

Apollo117

WKR
Do you have an InReach device? I'm not sure if this would work, but you could forward all your emails as Plaintext to the InReach. There's a chance this wouldn't work if the email had a lot of graphical content. It'll also depend on if the email hosting service (Gmail, Outlook Online, etc.) allows you to change the settings to Plaintext.

Again, I'm not sure it'll work.

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk

come2elmo

WKR
skyroam is still 4gLTE so you have to be somewhere you can pull a signal from a land tower. if it accepts an external antenna it might work. Looks handy if you are going to other countries. Inreach would be a non-starter for salesforce and the overhead of converting modern emails with attachments and then potentially responding would more painful then it is worth. It just isn't made for large amounts of data. You might try and find a phone that accepts an external antenna or like you said some sort of satellite service. that will be pricey though. You could rig up a way to make a portable signal booster out of one designed for cars. You would need a booster, antenna, and battery, ~$700 and someone to carry it for you...
..comm_guy.jpg