Remington Muzzleloader load recommendations?

Hey y’all,
Just got the ultimate muzzleloader so I’m Looking to see if anyone had good load recommendations to try. Also, ^^^(I’m trying to stay away from Blackhorn 209 until I replace the breach plug)^^^.
If anybody has any other useful tips or info you’d like to share it’d be much appreciated.

Thanks!

ENCORE

WKR
3 of the T7M pellets and with an H5045LB sabot and a 300gr SST.
That's what its daddy the UF uses and is quite accurate.

Another would be the same pellet and a Fury Universal Fit.

If you're on FB, join the Remington Ultimate Muzzleloader page.

madgrad02

WKR
I have an older 700ML in .54 and it groups 275gr Barnes Expamder MZs with 110gr of Shockey fffg loose powder amd percussion caps better than I can shoot!

320g Fury universal fit and 95-100 grains by weight BH209. Also highly recommend the arrowhead breach plug. Attached picture is 3 shots I shot yesterday. Hope to drop a few whitetails and see how well these bullets perform on game.

Attachments

• CB255558-1B15-4CCC-A8AC-C13BF1215713.jpeg
    CB255558-1B15-4CCC-A8AC-C13BF1215713.jpeg
    168.7 KB · Views: 26
OP
AirborneA$$hole
3 of the T7M pellets and with an H5045LB sabot and a 300gr SST.
That's what its daddy the UF uses and is quite accurate.

Another would be the same pellet and a Fury Universal Fit.

If you're on FB, join the Remington Ultimate Muzzleloader page.
Are you referring to the triple seven magnum pellets? Like, 180 grains in triple seven pellets?

OP
AirborneA$$hole
320g Fury universal fit and 95-100 grains by weight BH209. Also highly recommend the arrowhead breach plug. Attached picture is 3 shots I shot yesterday. Hope to drop a few whitetails and see how well these bullets perform on game.
Wow, that’s one tight group for a muzzleloader! And and yeah, I am looking into other preach plugs so I can use Blackhorn 209. What is the max load with Blackhorn 209?

I’m not sure on max load. I asked Luke at arrowhead and he didn’t give me an answer, and I understand why. As far as I’m concerned I’d just say it’s 100g by weight as that’s the biggest charge he recommended to me. The group I posted was 95g and I have no reason to try anything else if those are the results it gives me.

ENCORE

WKR
Wow, that’s one tight group for a muzzleloader! And and yeah, I am looking into other preach plugs so I can use Blackhorn 209. What is the max load with Blackhorn 209?
The maximum charge of BH209 in either the UF or RUM is 160grs VOLUME or 112grs WEIGHT. This is data provided by Western when the RUM was pressure tested by them just after the RUM's release.

Contact Luke at Arrowhead and order his upgraded ignition system. Its worth every single penny and you need that to consistently shoot BH.

OP
AirborneA$$hole
The maximum charge of BH209 in either the UF or RUM is 160grs VOLUME or 112grs WEIGHT. This is data provided by Western when the RUM was pressure tested by them just after the RUM's release.

Contact Luke at Arrowhead and order his upgraded ignition system. Its worth every single penny and you need that to consistently shoot BH.
Thanks for the info! I will definitely be upgrading the breach system so I can use BH209. Does the upgraded breach system still use the magnum rifle primer and brass shell casing?

BBob

WKR

ENCORE

WKR
Thanks for the info! I will definitely be upgrading the breach system so I can use BH209. Does the upgraded breach system still use the magnum rifle primer and brass shell casing?
Yes and no. The brass is the problem and its always been the problem, even with the UF BP Xpress.
However the Remington brass is MUCH WORSE.

You can't have proper head space with a piece of brass that in itself, its head thickness varies as much as .020". No way. Can that be fixed? Yes but, WITH MORE MANUAL LABOR THAN YOU WANT.
Even the UF brass, the 45win mag from Starline can vary up to .005".

It uses a completely different module design but still uses large rifle primers in it.
There's what you need.

PB03

FNG
I used the Fury 320 grn bullet with built in plastic wad last year (10/2022) on an elk hunt in the Manti Unit in Utah. I had tested it in my Rem UML (Leoupold VX5 HD, 3x15 with custom CDS dial) with 110 grns by weight of Blackhorn 209. Average MV was 2245 with 10 shots and swabbed the barrel after each shot. My shot on the Elk was just behind the shoulder from 305 yrds. It passed through and he was DRT within 2 minutes. I have shot this out to 450 yards (max on my range) with 3" or less groups on average.

Attachments

• Elk Muzzleloader - Side View.jpg
    Elk Muzzleloader - Side View.jpg
    167 KB · Views: 11

lapuafan

FNG
Hey y’all,
Just got the ultimate muzzleloader so I’m Looking to see if anyone had good load recommendations to try. Also, ^^^(I’m trying to stay away from Blackhorn 209 until I replace the breach plug)^^^.
If anybody has any other useful tips or info you’d like to share it’d be much appreciated.

Thanks!
Take it and send it to muzzyco have Scott convert it to smokeless 45 cal. You can thank me later.

Sent from my SM-A236U using Tapatalk

ahenry82

FNG
I'm using furry 320 universal in mine with arrowhead ignition 75gr by weight bh209. 3 shot group 100yds Williams peep sight colorado setupIMG_20230703_182144_01.jpg