Remington 700 Alpha 1

Is anybody tracking this new rifle from Remington?

Sounds promising but I definitely want to get my hands on one before passing judgement.

I know there has been a lot of hate on the big R but it would definitely neat if this turns things around.

Looks like it’ll be around $1600

Thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
allstajacket
Heavier than I expected but otherwise intrigued.

I hadn’t noticed the weight. That is a bit disappointing. I’d hope for sub-7lbs like my model 70.

I’ll wait and see when they start delivering them if this is accurate. Maybe more models/versions will be released later on as well.

OP
allstajacket
I hadn’t noticed the weight. That is a bit disappointing. I’d hope for sub-7lbs like my model 70.

I’ll wait and see when they start delivering them if this is accurate. Maybe more models/versions will be released later on as well.

Though I guess it’s only 11oz more than the Winchester. So with a lightweight scope option I could potentially make it the same weight. Hope is still alive!

gabenzeke

WKR
I’m sure more calibers will be added as well, as I believe Remington also said they will be making rifles in 7 PRC.

My lgs already has a 700 in 7 prc in stock. Not the alpha, but I assume that option will carry over to the alpha.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

This still seems about 5 years behind the times at this price point. No vertical grip options, the trigger is solid but a lesser quality than some of the triggertechs many offer at this point, no flush cups or any other stock features, no muzzle brake included.

You can get more rifle from other manufacturers at this price.