Regarding RMSG, Total Archery Mechanics and Tom Clum...

Shadow14

WKR
Best investment you can make...

I just got back from a business trip to Denver and had a chance to get an archery lesson from Tom Clum at RMSG. I have been trying to shoot traditional for about 2 years now but have not been able to get any hands on training; just youtube videos, podcasts and DM’s. I had a lesson scheduled for the afternoon but due to traffic and my business meeting running long, I was going to be an hour late to the lesson and would be flying out the next day. I called ahead to the shop and explained my situation and Tom graciously agreed to stay late for me even though I knew he had other things to attend to. I went in expecting to be there for 30 minutes to an hour max but Tom ended up giving me a 1-on-1, 3 hour crash course. it was game changing for me....I came away with a ton of confidence and the tools to diagnose and improve my shooting. He was extremely patient and generous with his time and knowledge. I would recommend his course to anyone and if you can, a lesson with him or Jerry or anyone else in the shop. Hands on training as well as a proper foundation in shooting mechanics is invaluable. I was very impressed with the shop and employees and I will gladly continue to shop there when I can. Hopefully this is the year when I can make my first traditional kill but until then I will continue to practice and enjoy the long journey that is traditional archery.

Geewhiz

WKR
A couple years ago I flew to denver to spend a day with Tom. It was eye opening and incredibly helpful. That fall I killed a bull with my trad bow. I wish you the same luck.

I was lucky enough to attend a weekend seminar with Tom here in Australia in April. Not only was it the most amazing experience in terms of understanding archery, but getting to meet Tom and be in his presence was fantastic. There were about a dozen of us at the clinic and we all had our minds blown and felt so grateful to be able to have the experience. It was also great to be told by Tom that the work we had done before we met him was great. I think he was genuinely stoked that a bunch of people on the other side of the world have devoured his online course, and any other content on YouTube or podcasts, and gotten to a point that we were fairly solid shooters already.

I can't recommend his course enough, even just for the sake of shaking his hand and meeting him.

Hawkeye29

Lil-Rokslider
The traditional archery community is the best. One of the best decisions I have made has been picking up a traditional bow because of that! Stick with it and you will continue to meet awesome people.

smoke

Lil-Rokslider
I haven't met Tom or taken his class but I have dealt with RMS Gear - and they are always great to do business with!

Beendare

WKR
Good form is what gets you over the hump with trad archery. From the little I’ve seen on Tom, he is excellent.

FWIW, There are many great archery coaches all over the US that can help you with form. I had a top level shooter as a mentor here on the west coast that helped me tweak my form….and it was a game changer.

Trad is a higher degree of difficulty. You can get away with flaws shooting a compound…and still shoot half way decent, not so with shooting longbows and recurves.

Steadman

WKR
I’ve been lucky enough to know Tom for quite awhile and you are spot on. I don’t know another guy with that much knowledge that will take that much time to help an individual. He is salt of the earth. Good luck this year!!

bowkill

FNG
My wife and I went out to CO last summer and saw Tom at the CTAS shoot. We stopped in on our way back through Denver a couple days later and he opened up his whole afternoon for us. He spent time with each of us and really helped to give us a "hands on" grasp of some of the techniques in the total archery mechanics. Highly recommend visiting with him. It is really a treasure that people like that are willing to use their talents and information to benefit others.