Red stag options….

I’m kinda eyeballing a 2025 hunt in Hungary. Looks “affordable” and I like idea of native herd. Antlers aren’t NZ, but neither is cost. Looks like about 7.5. / 10 trophy potential, and maybe 5/10 price. Seems like a good compromise, and wife / kid and I’m could do Budapest and maybe Vienna afterwards.

Thoughts / input?

I was in talks with Laszlo Albert of passion and prey european adventures last year about going over for fallow bucks. Ultimately I spent too much money in New Zealand this last spring and have to put off the deposit for a year or two. He seemed like a great guy that I would enjoy hunting with and a straight shooter. Hunting hungary is an experience that is high on my list and budapest looks very nice as well for an after vacation

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk

OP
P
I was in talks with Laszlo Albert of passion and prey european adventures last year about going over for fallow bucks. Ultimately I spent too much money in New Zealand this last spring and have to put off the deposit for a year or two. He seemed like a great guy that I would enjoy hunting with and a straight shooter. Hunting hungary is an experience that is high on my list and budapest looks very nice as well for an after vacation

10-4. Thanks. We hung out in eastern Czech Republic 5 years ago for a few weeks (wife went back solo after fist round IVF didn’t take) and really liked the region. Have a healthy 4.5 year old boy to show for it. Two rounds IVF, hotel, three flights , food, some tourism still cheaper than one round in US, by the way.

Anyway, just trying to come up with a new exciting hunt. Did Alaska last fall and even on DIY spent a pile of money. Hungary seems like a cool hunt and afterwards we could go play tourist or she could meet me after the hunt. Maybe go visit Zlin, CZ, or hang out in Budapest never been. Or do Austria. Neil interest in Prague.

My emphasis would be stagged first, and then a tossup between mouflon and fallow.

10-4. Thanks. We hung out in eastern Czech Republic 5 years ago for a few weeks (wife went back solo after fist round IVF didn’t take) and really liked the region. Have a healthy 4.5 year old boy to show for it. Two rounds IVF, hotel, three flights , food, some tourism still cheaper than one round in US, by the way.

Anyway, just trying to come up with a new exciting hunt. Did Alaska last fall and even on DIY spent a pile of money. Hungary seems like a cool hunt and afterwards we could go play tourist or she could meet me after the hunt. Maybe go visit Zlin, CZ, or hang out in Budapest never been. Or do Austria. Neil interest in Prague.

My emphasis would be stagged first, and then a tossup between mouflon and fallow.
I have a co worker who has done IVF in the Czech 3 times now. Just crazy the cost difference

OP
P
I have a co worker who has done IVF in the Czech 3 times now. Just crazy the cost difference

yep! And cutting edge practices. I love America, and buying large. It’s hard to argue that our medical capabilities are second to anybody. But the IVF deal here is a fracking racket. We tried twice. Drove five hours to one place for a consultation. The appointment was for 10 AM, need us to say we got up pretty early. Did not meet the doctor until three or 4 PM. My blood pressure was through the roof. He sat down, and my wife knew as much, if not more about different drugs and practices and shots then he did. Got home at 11 PM after time change, and she started looking outside of the US.

Anyway, I sing the praises, whenever the opportunity presents itself. Our boy is strong as a mule and smart as a whip.IMG_2721.jpeg

yep! And cutting edge practices. I love America, and buying large. It’s hard to argue that our medical capabilities are second to anybody. But the IVF deal here is a fracking racket. We tried twice. Drove five hours to one place for a consultation. The appointment was for 10 AM, need us to say we got up pretty early. Did not meet the doctor until three or 4 PM. My blood pressure was through the roof. He sat down, and my wife knew as much, if not more about different drugs and practices and shots then he did. Got home at 11 PM after time change, and she started looking outside of the US.

Anyway, I sing the praises, whenever the opportunity presents itself. Our boy is strong as a mule and smart as a whip.View attachment 664831
Congratulations! That looks like a life long hunting buddy in the making right there

fwafwow

WKR
Subscribed. This sounds awesome. I might be able to convince Mrs fwafwow that this is a good couples trip. We and my hunting buddy are both empty nesters. Thanks for the post.

Kilboars

WKR
Subscribed as well.

Love booking hunts with vacations and never thought of Hungary.
I’m trying to see more of that region soon.

I don’t need another Stag but what else can you hunt with a bow over there?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Subscribed as well.

Love booking hunts with vacations and never thought of Hungary.
I’m trying to see more of that region soon.

I don’t need another Stag but what else can you hunt with a bow over there?

Fallow bucks would probably be one of the top with a bow. I don't think everywhere in hungary accepts bowhunting though. I may be wrong.

Kilboars

WKR
Thank you.

Yeah. I only hunt bow and I know it’s hard in Europe. Other thing is the seasons. Hard to leave US and CAN in Sept- Jan.

I saw Roe deer in July and that could work.

My wife wants to go to Italy in 2 years so I have started looking at stag hunting options over there. She doesn't have any interest in Hungry/Czech or those places. I may have to pay up to hunt northern Italy. Hopefully I can talk her into a detour.

Kilboars

WKR
My wife wants to go to Italy in 2 years so I have started looking at stag hunting options over there. She doesn't have any interest in Hungry/Czech or those places. I may have to pay up to hunt northern Italy. Hopefully I can talk her into a detour.

I’ve been with my wife several times. Let me know what your thinking and I can try to help you with an itinerary.

I have an Italian Bowhunter friend from Florence the lives here in the US. I’ll ask him if he knows any places for Red Stags.

He’s got us some places to hunt fallow deer and hogs with our bows in Italy now.

Always a shame you can’t get the Red Stage meat home.

OP
P

Sent them an email today. I found some pricing on their stag hunts, but I’m not sure it’s current. Website says to email for pricing. What I found was a link through Google that took me to .pdf with pricing. Looks very competitive. We’ll see.

Have also been in touch with an outfit in Hungary and Croatia. The Croatia option is looking pretty good, but curios what Passion and Prey has to say. Also reached out to a third party that specializes in Romania, Hungary and Austria. Will see what they have to say as well.