Recommendations on warm packable wear

WTNUT

Lil-Rokslider
I am going on a 16 day brown bear hunt outside Cold Bay Alaska next May. I have been on one other spring brown bear hunt, and it was unseasonably warm. So I am due for an unseasonably cold, wet and windy hunt.

I have a $hit ton of Sitka and Kuiu clothing, but I don’t have confidence in any of them keeping me comfortable glassing for hours in cold, wet, windy weather.

From the chest down I will have Orvis Pro Zipper wadders on nearly all the time. My friend and guide says this area is so wet that it is just best to wear them all the time. I have insulation for the legs and am not concerned about that.

I also have the Kuiu Yukon rain jacket and a Simms G3 wading jacket. So I am not “concerned or at least worried” about rain gear between these and the wadders.

The right layers and jacket for the upper body is my question. Right now I am leaning toward packing the Kuiu Super Down Burner, but lots of good and bad on line from actual users. I have a variety of lighter layers as an option for when and if temps are warmer without wind. My thought it I can easily take off clothing, but it is hard to get anything in Cold Bay if you did not bring it with you ha ha

If you have similar real world experience, I would really appreciate it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Catchfish

WKR
I would bring a real raincoat, even for glassing it will be nice to sit in to cut the wind. I would think a combination of a fleece, and a puffy (down or synthetic) would work just fine. Ask your guide he will know what you should bring.