Recommendation for New Mexico Bear (and Mountain Lion)

Tod13

FNG
I understand (hopefully correctly) that bear and mountain lion tags are over the counter in New Mexico. I'm nearby in Texas, which makes getting there simpler/cheaper. I will be booking these hunts in different years, but would prefer the same guide service.

Does anyone have suggestions for guides/outfitters? I'd prefer one that includes lodging and meals.

Type of hunt (dogs or stalk) is not that important. Although, I would not mind dogs, since I've never hunted using that method before.

Similarly, with time of year and color phase for bears, I'm pretty flexible for whatever is recommended. Thanks!

I don’t personally know anything about hunting either species or guides for that matter, but you are correct as far as OTC bear and mountain lions.

Cats can be hunted year round unless the quota is met.

There are a few draw hunts for bears but most of the state is OTC with archery hunts starting in September. They then switch to any legal weapon in late September until mid November in most units or until the quota is reached.

codym

WKR
Gary Webb at Gary Webb outfitters. Legendary guy and knows the Gila as good as anyone alive. Runs a nice string of hounds