Reacquaint me with the Hoyt hunting line.

2rocky

WKR
It has been 10 years since I've looked at Hunting bows. I've always done well with a 35-36 inch ATA and a 7 inch Brace Height. My nose hits the string and the Peep lines up easily. I draw 70 lbs. on a 29 inch DL and shoot a 420 grain arrow with a 100 gr Fixed blade Broadhead. I'm going to do the occasional Field Round but likely more marked and unmarked 3d's in the BHFS class.

So If I go bow shopping what has changed in the last 10 years? Remember I've shot Hoyts since 2005 so that's what I'm comfortable with.

DgK8.gif

SDHNTR

WKR
Hey John, can’t help you with Hoyt as I’m still a Bowtech guy, but we like the exact same things in bows! And those specs are getting harder and harder to find unfortunately!

KBC

WKR
The newer cams are getting so much bigger that the string angle on a shorter ATA bow is similar to the older bows with a longer ATA. There’s lots of great shooting bows out there, not just Hoyts. I say that as a guy with a Hoyt.

Also be aware that they went to binary cam. No more yokes either. Shimming cams is the tuning method.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

MattB

WKR
As stated above, shoot the bows before you get hung up on ATA. With the newer, larger cams, a 33" ATA bow can offer a very similar string angle to the old 35-36" bows.

jmez

WKR
As stated above, shoot the bows before you get hung up on ATA. With the newer, larger cams, a 33" ATA bow can offer a very similar string angle to the old 35-36" bows.
They aren't similar to the longer bows today. Thread last year on AT where an engineer measured and posted all of them. The big cams didn't make much if any difference.