Sold RARE Custom Shop Weatherby Mark V in .280 AI Caliber

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ramblin99

WKR
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
I know I will regret this one, but here goes. This is a REAL Custom Shop Weatherby Mark V in the rare-for-Weatherby .280 Ackley Improved caliber. I bought this rifle new and it has 28 rounds down the pipe in a thorough barrel break-in process. This is likely the most accurate rifle with factory ammo I’ve ever owned, hence will likely regret selling it. At the start of my range session I got on paper at 100yds in two rounds. The next 3 shots with Nosler Trophy Grade 160gr Accubonds printed a .310” group. This Mark V has a nice carbon kevlar stock in olive green with black and tan speckle. Decelerator pad. Metal is Cerakoted in Coyote tan. The fluted bolt and handle are black. The rifle has distinctive Custom Shop embellishment on the floor plate. The trigger is very crisp with near-zero creep.

The specs:
45-1/2” total length
13-1/4” LOP
23” fluted barrel (likely a #1 profile)(Twist unknown but handles 160gr pills very well)
24-3/4” total barrel length including the AccuBrake
Trigger pull is 2 lbs 12 oz average of 3 pulls and the creep is almost imperceptible – a few thousandths
6-lug bolt
Bare rifle weighs 5 lbs 15.8 ounces.

Why am I selling? I’ve found two other rifles I can’t live without and one is a rare 700 Ti in 7mm-08. I’m finding that I gravitate toward 700 and clones after owning a little of everything. So this is a toy-for-toy sale.

I have the original box, and the thread protector and sling swivels that came with the rifle. The Talley 30mm medium rings also go with the rifle. The Swarovski Z8i 2-16x50 BRX is not included in the sale but I might could part with it in a package deal.

If you do a Google search, you won’t find much about this rifle. It’s a Custom Shop creation, hence almost no online documentation. The rifle is in as-new condition without a blemish of any kind.

$2,450 shipped from an individual to your FFL with appropriate ID enclosed. This will likely be cross-posted. Buy and pay quickly and you might get it before Christmas. I can get it to FedEx on Monday. Please write to me if you have any questions or want more photos. Thanks for looking, and don’t let this rare one get away!

Keith

IMG_1710.jpgIMG_1708.jpgIMG_1716.jpgIMG_1722.jpgIMG_1715.jpgIMG_1712.jpgIMG_1724.jpgIMG_1713.jpgIMG_1714.jpgIMG_1717.jpg

Last edited:

amassi

WKR
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
Weatherby uses a 1:9 twist in their 280ai rifles

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.