Rapid City, SD

ewescue

Lil-Rokslider
Hey all, exciting news in my mind, I'm relocating to Rapid City, SD in a few months. Still trying to work out all the details and would like to run some questions by people who live there. If you live in the Rapid area and don't mind me running some questions by you please shoot me a PM.
Thanks!

Don't live there but grew up in Sturgis, 20 miles north. May be able to help with some general questions. It's a shitty town, you shouldn't want to live there....lol. Kidding of course. Beautiful area. Hunting and fishing is great.

KurtR

WKR
Dont live there but spent plenty of time there lived in Sodak my whole life. Its called the banana belt for a reason with nice weather.

Live in Sundance, WY but have many friends and family near RC. I'm sure collectively those who have responded can get you the answers you are seeking. I might even have insight to a home for sale if that helps.

hoyt-guy

Lil-Rokslider
Rapid City is a beautiful area. I travel through there for work from time to time. I've been applying for a Black Hills deer tag for a few years now. Hopefully I get drawn at some point

birdman22

FNG
The area is awesome, I don't really care for the city. I would love to live in the hills but it would be outside of Rapid.

If I could convince my wife I think South Dakota would be an awesome place to live, I’ve only been a couple times but it seems like a sportsmans paradise. Congrats on the move

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Smoke10

FNG
Congrats on the move.
I don't live there anymore but spent 4.5 years in Rapid City while in college. Usually make it back there once or twice per year to visit friends. City is growing fast.

Great public land access and lots of variety for the outdoorsman.
I spent a ton of time deer and elk hunting while in college.

If few RC residents have PM'd you, I might be able to help depending on your questions

OP
ewescue

ewescue

Lil-Rokslider
Appreciate the kind words guys. I'm overly excited for this, I am surprised though I figured there would be more current residents of Rapid! I guess it's really not that big, hence the excitement..

I live in SD for 35+ years and did a lot of hunting and fishing in the area. I moved to Montata though a few years ago. Let me know if you have any questions on big game hunting, fishing, etc.

Sent from my SM-A515U using Tapatalk

Lytro

WKR
I live a couple miles outside of Rapid, but moving next month. Feel free to shoot me a PM if you still have questions.