Range bag?

Macintosh

WKR
What do folks use for a range bag? I end up carting around a pile of stuff in a big canvas tote, and it seems everything I need is buried in the bottom under a layer of ammo, magazines, chamber flags, shooting bags, notebooks, target dots, staples, allen wrenches, rangefinder, etc. ive looked around and nothing I saw commercially available seems like its a contender. What do you use for a “pretty near the vehicle” range bag, and how do you have it organized, etc? Extra points for a photo.

OP
M

Macintosh

WKR
I have gear organized in the wheelie tool boxes.
These have looked great, and I have a few friends that use them summertime, but I deal with deep snow several months a year and carrying them (snow, stairs, etc) seems a PITA. How big is yours, and insight on this?

Mag_7s

WKR
similar, a Dillon range bag. I wish the interiors of these things were light colored.
Anything black disappears.

View attachment 674115
Mine is olive drab green so not much better. For tools and cleaning equipment I have one of those safety orange Homer boxes from home depot with some snapware containers to keep tools, brushes, jags ect. somewhat organized.

I have a an old polymer type tool box that I use. Inside I have four yoga blocks and a Tupperware bin for tools and such. I keep my targets in a folder and my drills in a notebook.

Magma

Lil-Rokslider
The Shooters Connection range bags are the best of breed. I have both the large “Tournament” series for a do all bring everything bag and the smaller one that I fly with to out of town majors. The construction is super solid and the layout is excellent. The large bag has a removable inner carry bag that is perfect for local matches where you don’t need “everything” and there are zippered versions of the inner available that you can set up for either different divisions or different gun rigs to swap i / out depending on what you’re going to be doing at the range that day.

For pistol shooting matches and practice I use a CED deluxe. Backpack style bags are becoming very popular out uspsa and idpa matches in my area.

5.11 is a solid option too.

at the risk of losing my man card, I use a foldable wagon for some matches and range shoots When I have to haul a lot of gear away from the truck.

Rich M

WKR
What do folks use for a range bag? I end up carting around a pile of stuff in a big canvas tote, and it seems everything I need is buried in the bottom under a layer of ammo, magazines, chamber flags, shooting bags, notebooks, target dots, staples, allen wrenches, rangefinder, etc. ive looked around and nothing I saw commercially available seems like its a contender. What do you use for a “pretty near the vehicle” range bag, and how do you have it organized, etc? Extra points for a photo.
I use a tote, sometimes two. Rubbermaid 10-gallon tote.

Indoor gun range I use one of them $12 Cabelas duffle bags.

wyosam

WKR
I have one from midway I use. Enough room to make it on the heavy end to carry. Has a pocket that holds a LabRadar, plenty of ammo, etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Magma

Lil-Rokslider
I like the DAA back packs, they much easier to carry over a standard range bag unless you plan on using some sort of cart to drag your equipment around the range with.

djewell87

FNG
Get a day pack and use that instead. I put targets and notebooks in the water bladder/laptop divider and it keeps them from getting messed up. its much easier to organize things in a backpack.